Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:48 am

Bug Report?/Feature Request

In writing my recent guide I came across one potential bug.

The text in a Click Bar Button does not seem to save the Bold state if any of the other style features of the button are changed. I'm not sure whether the behaviour is intended or not but it gets to be a little annoying if you are doing much tinkering here.

My request:

Is it possible to add an option to click bars to make them completely non-interactive (is that a word?). I know this may sound counter-intuitive but here are my use-cases:

1. I use a click bar with a custom image to indicate to myself that I have broadcasting On (image visible) vs Off (image not visible). I always toggle this state with a mouse button so have no need to actually click on the click bar itself. To be an effective reminder I need this image to be large and in the middle of my UI but this means a juggling act in finding a spot where it won't impede my interaction with the game UI or game world. A completely non-interactive click bar (which allowed clickthrough in the current window) would mean I could make the image as large as I wanted and place it where I wanted.
2. If someone follows my guide to make name bars in each window (it might happen!) they would run up against a similar problem, i.e. they would need to find a spot to place the bars that didn't impede their interaction with the game UI or game world. Again, a non-interactive click bar (that allowed click through) would allow it to be placed where it was most obvious rather than where it was least in the way.

Here is a screenshot to show what I mean. I would particularly like the Click Bar in the upper centre of the screen to be larger but so many UI elements default to locations near there that I made it smaller then I really would like.