FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Playing with Click Bars

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Playing with Click Bars

This is the first example of a Click Bar. I am playing WoW, so I'm showing WoW, but the functionality works in all of the other supported games (people are also testing with it right this very moment in LOTRO and SWG for example).

More info below the image

This screenshot has 2 Click Bars in it. One is at top middle, and one is at the bottom overlaying my main Action Bar.

The top one demonstrates how images can be used to provide a permanent, interactive indicator for toggling Repeater and Mapped Keys. The button on the left shows Key Maps ON, the button on the right shows Repeater OFF. The Repeater icon shows that, when on, pressing A will broadcast A to others. The Key Map icon shows that, when on, pressing A might send A to one, and Z to another (just indicating that your key may be transformed). Pressing either of the two buttons will toggle Repeater or Mapped Keys, and toggle the icon as well to indicate the state.

The Action Bar overlay is just a simple 12-button bar with transparent buttons that each have text saying +FTL (it would look much prettier if I made an image for each of those buttons to overlay on the Action Bar buttons, but I am trying to demonstrate multiple ways of doing things). The buttons are mapped to the "FTL DPS Keys" map, "DPS 1" through "DPS =" .. meaning that clicking any one of the buttons will do the same thing as pressing the designated Hotkey. Without such a Click Bar, clicking on the first Action Bar button would not necessarily have the same behavior as pressing the 1 key. This bar would be used by people who like to click their Action Bars more than they like to hit Hotkeys.

Come to the chat room for more info, you CAN try out Click Bars if you want!
<<

zanthor

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: Playing with Click Bars

I'd like to say this is just freaking AWESOME. After downloading the prerelease and playing with it about 10 minutes... and 10 minutes in photoshop...

I've got a clickbar, it shows (in this order)...
Follow Status - Am I strobing follow or not.
Combat Status - Will pressing my "do everything" hotkey make me start combat casting?
Combat Suppression Status - Red my combat hotkey makes everyone stopcasting and follow me, yellow means that everyone but my tanks following me on that keystroke, and green means go to town and DPS when I press the hotkey. (Came up with this so I'd stop killing myself on the Forge of Souls.)

Normal UI with 1 clickbar...

Normal UI so you can see where it lives normally...

And a few different screenshots of states...

The images... http://www.botbh.com/zimg/stoplights.zip if anyone wants them.
<<

koiuser

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:37 pm

I love click bars, so I can turn off the click boxer now : )

Another click bars button image.

Another 3D button set.
Last edited by koiuser on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

braindisconnect

Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:46 am

Ok Lax... Been playing around with the Click Bars... this is just awesome!!!

Nice way to tie key maps to clicks and make the controls tighter! This is gonna rock in PvP!
<<

Durant

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:31 am

Would also like to add a post about how awesome the click bars are and how much easier they make life when trying to keep track of all those box toons!

Just spent my Sunday morning creating EQ2 icons and setting up more mapped keys to work alongside my N52 loadout and ISboxer keys, finding a lot more flexibility and control options are available now! :D

Great Work! :mrgreen:
<<

hephaestus

Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:56 am

So can we use click bars to overlay a raid list in games that do not offer addon support (such as LOTRO, SWG or Rift) and then have clicking on a overlay that is above a raid position act like clique or healbot (or any other tool that allows you to cast heals/buffs, etc... on different click combinations). This might actually allow me to play a pure healer in Rift if it would work off of left click/right click/ctrl-left click, etc... type combinations. Amazing feature!

Return to Click Bars