FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Click Bar healing troubles

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Annuko

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:13 am

Click Bar healing troubles

Okay, so I am fairly new to Mutliboxing... and just to get me started, I figured I would simply start with dualboxing the two accounts I already have before I go off purchasing 3 new accounts.

So they're what my clickbar looks like at the moment.

How I have them set up is that the top right, is round robin of casting that spell, and the specific type of click on that button, will cast it at a specific party member.
The bottom row will make both druids cast that spell at the same time at the party member of the clicks choice.

The problem I have encountered is that while I am using grid for placing my 2 druids at the front of any group/raid, and then alphabetically ordering the rest.... this part of the macro [target=party1] does not target the same person on all windows, as it uses blizzards default UI to figure out who party1 is.

Is there another way for me to configure these clickbars to work with how I have attempted, or is it a lost cause?

I am aware that I could have these use @mouseover macros instead, and have them over my Unit Frames, but I would much prefer to have the images there, as so I don't have to remember each keybind for each spell, but if I can't get them to fuction the way I wanted, I guess I will have to revert to no images, and simply use @mouseover macros.

Thanks for your time

-Annuko
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:48 am

Re: Click Bar healing troubles

If this is the way you want to go about healing, that's fine.

One of the great things about ISBoxer is that it can generate macros for you with your characters' names in them, for example based on which window they are in. So instead of writing the macros within the confines of the WoW macro system, you can write it in ISBoxer and let ISBoxer put it in the WoW macro system for you. Instead of "[target=party1]" you write "[target={SLOT1}]", and then that gets replaced with your character's name when the macro is created for this Character in this Character Set, like [target=Alice] or [target=Bob].

So here's what you do.
1. In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Game Helpers, select World of Warcraft.
2. In the bottom left pane, you see World of Warcraft and Macro Sets underneath it. (Probably also a Quick Setup 38 macro set! You can click on it and browse through it to see all of the macros that ISBoxer set up for you.) You can create a new Macro Set by right clicking on Macro Sets (select "New WoW Macro Set").
3. After creating or selecting a Macro Set, the bottom right pane has a description box and lists of character sets and characters to apply these macros to. Selecting a Character Set is the same as selecting all of the individual Characters in it (you do not need to do both). Make sure that whatever characters need these macros get them assigned by highlighting either the Character Set, or individual Characters, in the list.
4. To add macros to this set, right click on your new Macro Set and select New WoW Macro. Name it something relevant to what the macro will do.
5. The bottom right pane now has a macro editor. The Commands box is just like the box you get editing macros in the game. ISBoxer will pre-process the commands with things it knows when you Export, like the names of your characters, replacing variables like {SLOT1} and {CHARACTER}. (Full details on these variables and dynamic/conditional macros).
6. Make sure to select a Key Combination and/or a /click button name, so you have a way of activating the macro. Note that Key Combination may NOT be a hotkey assigned to your Action Bars! /click button name is for use with the /click command in the game. If you put "MyButtonName" as the /click button name, then "/click MyButtonName" will execute the macro.
7. Use the Preview tab to see what the macro would be generated as, for any given Character in any given Character Set. So if you want to ensure that the actual macro looks right for some specific druid or something, this is how to do it
8. Export to Inner Space. If the game is open when you Export, you will need to "/console reloadui" in the game in order to activate the new changes to the ISBoxer Addon (which creates and binds the macro for you in the game!)
9. Pressing the Key Combination you assigned (or /click) will now perform the macro you designed.

Finally, I'll answer a common question regarding the "Allow extra modifiers" and "Can use FTL Modifiers" controls in the macro editor. "Allow extra modifiers" means that your macro supports conditional modifiers, through the use of [mod:ctrl] [mod:shift] [mod:alt] etc. If your macro does NOT include these, then don't allow extra modifiers (checking these boxes allows a Named WoW Macro Action to optionally include the modifiers, nothing more). For "Can use FTL Modifiers", this generally should not be checked except if your macro allows extra modifiers specifically for identifying which character sent the instruction (like to follow him). In other words, you normally do not want to check these boxes, except when you know for sure that you need to. :)

You should now have all the information you need in order to build what you were wanting. Let me know if you get stuck. :)
<<

Annuko

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:23 pm

So say - left click heals {Slot 1} and Right click {Slot 2}, that should take care of the issue and allow Shift+Left click to heal slot 3 - being the same person, on both Blizzard UIs, since I think blizzard defaults Slot 1 to yourself, and slot 2 to the party leader - My main - for the slave, and on my Main it should have my slave as slot 2, then the others should work as in the same group... I might have to invite a random to my dualboxing team to see if that'll work. :)

Regardless, thank you very much for the step by step on what to do, and the last bit of text really cleared up the modifier keys for clicks! :)
<<

Annuko

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:45 pm

Nevermind, turns out the problem was a tiny typo within each macro. :)

I've managed to make fully spammable clickbars - with variations for single target spells to be cast at specific party members on mouse clicks, and then CDs as well and AoE heals to be cast at closest party member or @self for both the druid and priest classes. However, my priests aren't 85 yet, and I will tweak everything for 85 later on. :)

If anyone wants my config, or anything along those lines, lemme know.
<<

hobbesab

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:34 am

Annuko wrote:Nevermind, turns out the problem was a tiny typo within each macro. :)

I've managed to make fully spammable clickbars - with variations for single target spells to be cast at specific party members on mouse clicks, and then CDs as well and AoE heals to be cast at closest party member or @self for both the druid and priest classes. However, my priests aren't 85 yet, and I will tweak everything for 85 later on. :)

If anyone wants my config, or anything along those lines, lemme know.

Hi Annuko.

Can you post your config for your click bars? I would appreciate it.

Return to Click Bars