FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Possible to add Modifier Key Combos to Click Bars?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hephaestus

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:16 pm

Possible to add Modifier Key Combos to Click Bars?

I love the click bar functions, and have been using them to create a click bar healing function for my team in Rift. I am using a Naga mouse with the various combinations of shft/ctrl/alt/shft-al/shft-ctrl, etc... saved into the side buttons. The click bar functions are awesome, but I am running out of options, since I can currently map only a maximum of 8 actions to each click bar. Would it be possible to add the middle mouse button to clickbar functionality, as well as combos of two modifier keys along with a click (shift-alt/left click, ctrl-alt middle click, etc...). At that point my ability to efficiently memorize/execute mouse click and modifier combos would be the only limiting factor :) Thanks - Hephaestus
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:26 am

Re: Possible to add Modifier Key Combos to Click Bars?

I count:

Left Click
Ctrl+Left Click
Shift+Left Click
Alt+Left Click
Ctrl+Alt+Left Click
Ctrl+Shift+Left Click
Shift+Alt+Left Click
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Left Click
Right Click
Ctrl+Right Click
Shift+Right Click
Alt+Right Click
Ctrl+Alt+Right Click
Ctrl+Shift+Right Click
Shift+Alt+Right Click
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Right Click
-------------------------------
16 combinations

Tough to do with having to hold down 3 modifier keys but I like your idea of using keys on the naga to hold them down for you.

If that is not enough, or you can't use all those combos for some reason, split your click bar into 2 (or 3) like I do (with each bit still covering all your unit frames). Then each bar can have different results of simpler click+modifier combinations.

Zorba's guide http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=33614 has more details.

Alge
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:48 am

Re: Possible to add Modifier Key Combos to Click Bars?

The trick to using mouse3 through mouse5 is to attach a Key Map (or specific Mapped Keys) that only enables while your mouse is over a given button. I realize it's a clunky workaround, but that's what we've got for now ;)

Pasting explanation from http://www.dual-boxing.com/showpost.php?p=284551&postcount=16
I take back the part about only working for the 2 mouse buttons. It's possible to work around that limitation of the IS GUI features. The workaround isn't as elegant as repeater regions, but will still solve the problems with FTL, etc. To make it work for other buttons only requires adding a Mouseover for the Click Bar button, to toggle some Key Map or Mapped Key(s). I tested it just now with mouse4.

The toggle mapped key goes like this. No Hotkey, set to "pressed OR released", with 2 steps. Step 1 has a Key Map State Action to turn on a Key Map (one that is not assigned to your Character Set). Step 2 has the same thing to turn it off.

In the newly-toggled Key Map goes any mappings you want to add to that click bar button, be it mouse buttons, keyboard buttons, etc. If you want to move your mouse over the click bar and hit G to heal, that will work fine.

Return to Click Bars