FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Isboxer can no longer launch STO

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:47 am

Isboxer can no longer launch STO

I tried launching STO today with Isboxer and game client just crashes.

If I use the profile that utilizes the Cryptic launcher I get this error "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly" in the cryptic launcher.

If I use the profile that launched the game client directly, It just crashes and returns a crash log window.

Hopefully this can be resolved soon. There is a timed Winter event underway which will end in January.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:38 am

Re: Isboxer can no longer launch STO

All I did was launch my character, and it doesn't crash for me:

So there must be something different for you.

Grab Compatibility Diagnostics to get things started here http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:38 am

Hiyas Lax,

Could you please share the path for the exe that you use to launch STO that is in your Innerspace STO game profile

Thanks,
Ridosaw
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:46 am

No magic here, you're going to be a little disappointed

I did NOT launch GameClient directly, as the "No Patch" profile pops up a message about the game not finding files. The existing Default Profile (pointing at the launcher) works fine though
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:11 am

Please try with development build 6372, which I just put up a few minutes ago. I just fixed a crash bug that could have caused this for you
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:40 am

Well here is why it was not working for me.

For some reason Innerspace was not running automatic updates at launch. The most recent version of Innerspace I had was at (Build 6314). I had both options (Always patch at startup) and (Download development patches) check marked on all 3 computers.

This version seems to have stuck on all three of the computers I mulltibox with. I clicked the red (Patch these files) button on all 3 Innerspaces and updated them to (Build 6374)

Star Trek Online seems to be functioning correctly. I will be testing STO later today. I will let you know if everything in game is functioning correctly in a follow up post.

Thank You Lax,
Ridosaw
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:11 am

Build 6314 was an early development build using the new Auth system, and one of the very first builds to IGNORE the Always Patch option. The Always Patch option was removed entirely by 6319.

When you launch Inner Space, the Patcher window will automatically come up if and only if there is files available for you to patch -- this has always been the case, but prior to 6314 it would have automatically begun to patch then and there depending on your "Always Patch" option. From here on out, you will need to click "Patch these files" to update Inner Space, just like you click to update ISBoxer Toolkit when it pops up an update notification. :)

Glad that it's working correctly for you

Return to Star Trek Online