FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

i7 7700k and im only seeing 10fps anyone has suggestions?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lill1thjaden

Post Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:04 pm

i7 7700k and im only seeing 10fps anyone has suggestions?

Full setup
i7 7700k stock
z270m Mortar
1060 6Gb asus
16Gb 2133mhz HyperX ram
win10 pro

With only 2 clients at around 75% cpu and gpu in graphics options i am seeing 30fps space and only 11fps ground
Im using all cores on all clients and i have dropped and increased cpu and gpu options with no major change to fps... any ideas whats causing my issue?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:50 pm

Re: i7 7700k and im only seeing 10fps anyone has suggestions?

Short answer is no.

Longer answer is, we'd need more info to take better guesses. For starters, for issues like this, the HOWTO Tweak your framerate page is a good start.

Compatibility diagnostics are also of some use to yourself and us too, for seeing what is running/hooking the game.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:34 pm

https://pastebin.com/UrPj8GiT

Now i have the added issue of my 5th client only opening fullscreen and i cannot seem to get it back alongside the others! The mouse is entire out of alignment when i try to do anything to fix it ingame, so i cannot do that, i have redone my layout using the wizard to no avail! What s it with this particular game that causes me so much grief over the years... first amd and now intel lol
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:37 pm

still no response? I have been awaiting something quietly for quite some time! I added the info you requested, is there nothing to remedy this issue for me?
<<

bob

Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:56 pm

There was not a lot that specifically jumped out as "hey, I'm the problem, look at me".

Observations I had were,
  1. You are launching STO via steam, so I assume it was installed from Steam. The general recommendation is not to use Steam installed games. I don't know if this applies to STO or not as this is usually for things that Steam likes to get it's hooks into when it loads.
  2. You have a couple of OSD things (overlays), like MSI Gaming. You might want to try shutting down non essential processes and see if that helps.
  3. There are other STO players that I hoped might be able to chime in with any of their experiences.
  4. You also appear to be running a dev build of Inner Space. Does the release build work? What about the current dev build (6194) rather than 6180?
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:46 pm

Im launching through steam? Thats really wierd as i downloaded and installed an entirely new sto from scratch, direct from their own website, didnt even know i had a steam version on my pc. I was told to use the dev by said "other user" whom has been very helpful i must add. Tbh i have avoided it out of frustration, which as ive spent quite a lot of real money on the game has lead to even more frustration, but once im home tmz i will attempt some of the things youve suggested and see what happens!
<<

bob

Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:59 pm

In the time between, the current release build is now 6196. I was referring to the previous release at 6174, which is available in the archives. You are right, it is possible someone else did suggest the Dev build as various fixes may be in it, that are not yet released. In this case it is a bit of trial and results to see whether it works fine in one build and not the other, so it can be narrowed down to see if it was a recent change which is affecting you, or whether it is just something else.

The something else is usually some other software that is running. The most common of which are overlay (or On Screen Display) type things. The other ones that tend to cause performance hits are anti softwares, which end up blocking or scanning as the programs run (although the default MS Defender/SE normally doesn't cause this kind of grief).

As for STO via steam. I mean it was loaded out of a steam library folder structure (D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\GameClient.exe). The last time I installed from Arc, it didn't put it there. Sometimes installing steam versions, means that Steam will be hooking the game as it loads, which might cause some oddities.

Return to Star Trek Online