FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Followed all instructions, but can't get the game to load!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Re: Followed all instructions, but can't get the game to load!

Is Inner Space loading the gameclient.exe directly or is it loading the Star Trek Online.exe. You can check in the game profile, or by looking at the output of the Inner Space console (right click, select console) when you launch.

Clutching at straws now, you could trying unselecting the Inner Space Direct3D options. This should not be necessary at all and will probably cause Inner Space to not work properly so chances are it is the wrong thing to fix your issue; that said it has worked for some people, playing Neverwinter, although it is a but oxymoronic, because it will prevent Inner Space from using DX9 to connect to your game. Right click, select Configuration, then Game Configuration, your game from the drop down, then remove the red dots from the Display Systems options, then Apply.

Beyond that, I am running out of ideas currently. It might be useful to see the actual crash report.

/e Just decided to make some words bigger to highlight that the suggestion is probably not the right one. Consider it a brief flight of fancy that I actually know what I'm doing. It was supposed to be just a test in this single case, but it appears others have read this and determined it to be the thing to change.

Lax wrote:If you have un-checked Direct3D 9 in your STO Game Profile, and the game is actually using Direct3D 9, then you're pretty effectively disabling IS/ISBoxer for STO.

/e2 putting in Lax's quote so people don't go down this route expecting it to work.
Last edited by bob on Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:13 pm

i have honestly tried both options, the client and the exe. Its fine untill i get into the cryptic loading screen, then i get the crash report. How do i get you a copy of the report?
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:27 pm

turning off all the red dots gets me into one box, but for some reason i can no longer interact with the screen, ie my mouse is not being responsive in the game. WTH??
<<

bob

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:35 pm

Lax wrote:If you have un-checked Direct3D 9 in your STO Game Profile, and the game is actually using Direct3D 9, then you're pretty effectively disabling IS/ISBoxer for STO.

It crashes for on the gameclient.exe every time, and if memory serves me right, that has been the case for a long while now.

I'm not sure where the crash report is stored (very temporarily). I remember tracing it at one point, which makes me think it was to a temp folder. There are definitely a bunch of logs in C:\Program Files (x86)\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\logs\GameClient, but they tend to be less than helpful.

/e putting in Lax's quote so people don't go down this route expecting it to work.
Last edited by bob on Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:37 pm

i read that sto has stopped MB entirely, is this how they are doing it?
<<

bob

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:42 pm

Going to say no, seeing as I can still load it up, and there was a post from last week with someone else starting boxing on STO too (they said about adding a -d6d9 to the startup, which I cant find a reference to anywhere, so I assume they mean the -d3d9 parameter).
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:45 pm

With the red dots off, the game doesnt crash and im able to open 5 boxes individually, but now i cant use my mouse on any of the screens! Seriously, i never used to have issues, should i just revert to win 8? this is getting simply rediculous!
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:50 pm

ok. so now im using the d3d9 and not the d6d9 it seems to be working, but i can still only open one box... the rest simply wont load and most certainly adjust to their screen sizes in isboxer. As ive said, ive been away a while, so i cant recall if that was always a problem or not.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:03 pm

right its 1am where i am now, Ive spent 4 days trying to get this to work, personally im blaking win10... its been a damn blight to my system ever since i updated to it! If you guys can think of anything il check back later today once im back from my day, if not, i guess il just have to settle for the ps4 version!. thanks for everything bob
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:11 am

http://pastebin.com/gQm7d6Nc

todays issue. I have turned off all the red balls, now i am able to load up one instance with inner space, but now i cannot interact with the instance box! What is going on?
PreviousNext

Return to Star Trek Online