FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Followed all instructions, but can't get the game to load!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:29 am

Re: Followed all instructions, but can't get the game to load!

Lax wrote:If you have un-checked Direct3D 9 in your STO Game Profile, and the game is actually using Direct3D 9, then you're pretty effectively disabling IS/ISBoxer for STO.

I don't really know what else to tell you on this one.

Personally I'd try running Inner Space 32bit as I suggested earlier, return the display settings (the red balls), uninstall Razer Cortex (I looked this one up and it is rather different to Synapse), make sure your graphics drivers are up to date (I can't tell whether they are), turn off the dev builds for Inner Space (it is possible that there is something buggy in them, because they are dev builds, although they are usually pretty good)

And if all that fails, I'd contemplate a reinstall of the OS, but that is just me, and I know that some people have had OS issues before.

/e putting in Lax's quote so people don't go down this route expecting it to work.
Last edited by bob on Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:45 am

i have tried that, one question hough, why do i have two star trek online folders? one with just the live and test folders called startrekonline_en and the other star trek online.exe?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:42 am

If you have un-checked Direct3D 9 in your STO Game Profile, and the game is actually using Direct3D 9, then you're pretty effectively disabling IS/ISBoxer for STO.

As for the folders, probably one is the game's launcher/patcher and the other contains the game
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:50 am

i have tried with every mix i can think of, i currently am redownloading the entire program, hoping that may help. didnt you say to turm off the 3 red balls? i have turned them off and on and tried all variations... either the game starts but i cannot interact with it, or it wont start and cryptic sens a problem email.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:46 pm

ok. so with much tweaking and praying i have 5 bioxes open and stable...ish... now, the game keeps stuttering and preventing me from playing. Shall i upload another diag scan? Im really not sure what is happening here.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:51 pm

You can if you like. Has much changed from the last one? It may be useful to see if something has.

Stuttering is usually caused by some limitation, most obviously CPU/RAM/GPU/VRAM. You can see that with some monitoring of those items using tools like HwInfo or OpenHardwareMonitor, or even Process Explorer. It is so common there is a wiki page dedicated to it (the monitoring is noted in the Identifying Bottlenecks section). http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate

As also noted on that page, is that software can be the cause too, which is what a Diag usually tells us, because it shows what else is running on your computer, what is hooking the game process you select, what versions some things are, along with any application compatibility settings you are using. Where there are known things that might cause a problem on the software side, we can call this out. Unfortunately it does not tell us everything about all the state of the system, and if the problem is in software, then sometimes it is a process of elimination, much like what you've gone through.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:31 pm

http://pastebin.com/GcMPjVDV

not sure what i did wrong, but now im back to not being able to load the damn inner space... im retracing my steps one by one, but this is getting rediculous tbh...
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:46 am

Right final attempt! got four instances running fine, instance 1 will load but i cannot interact with it... any clues here?
<<

zBeZz

Post Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:25 am

Further than me hahaha.

couldn't get it to open game client to create crash log, so had to do it on the launcher. - http://pastebin.com/5n3UdVY3
this is what I get - http://imgur.com/a/Ny1Tv when I try to launch it through innerspace. (launcher works... log's in... but when I hit launch, it disappears and gives me this after a few seconds)

Any idea's? (currently have both in game set to dx9, and innerspace parameters on -d3d9.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:37 am

ok, well heres where i am currently... every so often i get 4 boxes that are responsive and one that isnt! I start with the 3d off... then reload with it on. after this im back to square one, as everything i supposed to and have off is done or off! This is an innerspace issue! The game runs absolutely perfectly at the highest possible settings on my pc, just refuses to launch through innerspace. Im not the most computer literate person in the world, but i have been modding and MBing for some time and usually the issues i have are in relation to how i get the toons to do what i want them to, i havnt had this issue with anythin else, so im truely stumped!
PreviousNext

Return to Star Trek Online