FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Followed all instructions, but can't get the game to load!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lill1thjaden

Post Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:05 pm

Reverted to WIn 7, new issue

Well I cant seem to work out why the bottom half of my instances has disappeared! Any ideas?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:28 pm

Re: Reverted to WIn 7, new issue

Not offhand. Sounds a bit like a graphics driver issue. If you happen to have intel graphics and your primary graphics installed then that can be a little weird.

This is a complete new ISBoxer profile right? If not then you will at least need to create a new Window Layout (and not select and existing one in the wizard).
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Followed all instructions, but can't get the game to load!

everything was reinstalled after win 7!
<<

bob

Post Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:59 pm

By everything you mean only the minimal amount of things needed to test to see if your efforts were worthwhile? or EVERYTHING you had before?

Also, for graphics things, sometimes it is worthwhile stepping back a version or two. It's been known for the latest drivers to not always be 100%.

I don't have access to my ATI/AMD PC currently so cant test on that to see if I get similar issues.

Anyway, that said, we will probably want our goto diagnostic, just in case it is obvious, and also because you are on a reinstalled Windows, and I'll probably be checking to see if you have the latest updates for that (and after having setup Win7 w/incl SP1 yesterday, it took a few hacks and 4 rounds of updates to get it there).
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:07 pm

just the basics. win 7 updates, my wireless adapter, avast. im getting major freezing no matter what box im looking at, so I think ur right. btw how do I send yopu my freeze diag? or would a crash suffice?
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:35 pm

<<

bob

Post Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:51 pm

ok, Raptr is a known piece of software that can cause issues a lot of the time. It gets installed along with the ATI/AMD drivers. You should try removing it (you may need to uninstall your graphics drivers, and then install them without selecting Raptr).

Other than that, it would be Avast next on the list. Yep, I know you tried that before, that is why it is second. Also Raptr is obviously hooking the game.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:43 am

http://pastebin.com/jd77YCCG

raptr uninstalled... avast next, though it does have a gaming mode which can be enabled and disabled which is on. The freezing is so bad I cant actually get into game to change the settings, I have to do it from the launcher, which then doesn't stick with the isboxer instance.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:44 am

oh and my mouse it displaced by a few inches.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:25 pm

im getting major freezing no matter what box im looking at, so I think ur right. btw how do I send yopu my freeze diag?

I don't think it sounds like I want your freeze diagnostics. By "major freezing" are you describing stuttering, where the game stops and starts a bunch? The only time the freeze diagnostics will be useful is if the game is permanently frozen and no longer responding. Stuttering is more likely to be performance related and usually falls within http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate

Well I cant seem to work out why the bottom half of my instances has disappeared! Any ideas?

oh and my mouse it displaced by a few inches.

Things that could affect this:
* Windowed/Fullscreen setting in the game -- whatever the setting is right now, change the setting. ISBoxer keeps it windowed anyway, but the game will behave differently. one mode might work.
* Direct3D 9 vs Direct3D 11 -- game in d3d9 mode? set it to d3d11. game in d3d11 mode? set to to d3d9. again, one might work. Of course, you'll need to make sure you haven't disabled Direct3D 9 in your Inner Space Game Profile if you're setting the game to d3d9, or Inner Space isn't going to do much with the game.
* Your Window Layout in ISBoxer. For the purpose of testing, you can always try setting it to Full Screen Stacked
* Display Scaling settings in Windows. If Windows is set to anything but 100%, try adjusting that to see if something changes
* Laptops with both NIVIDIA + Intel GPUs have a recent driver issue. ISBoxer 42 (Beta) builds a Video FX Layout system right into Window Layouts to work around this and related issues.
PreviousNext

Return to Star Trek Online