FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Followed all instructions, but can't get the game to load!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:28 pm

Re: Followed all instructions, but can't get the game to load!

http://pastebin.com/nia98tud

Same issue as before, win10 pro, AMD 7970 gpu, 850 platinum psu, amd cpu. game works fine out on innerspace, but refuses to launch when I try using the Mbing software.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:34 pm

just in case it was the arc launcher causing the issue, this one is with only the gameclient.

http://pastebin.com/vG8yBwyC
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:42 pm

Can't say I have anything for you to try currently. I can verify that it should work, but not what your issue is. But I did want to check that you don't also have an NVidia card installed? Just asking because your pastes indicate a couple of NVidia services that are running alongside all the AMD drivers..

Code:
26. nvSCPAPISvr.exe - Process ID: 1372 (C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvSCPAPISvr.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [7.17.13.5354] [NVIDIA Corporation] [Stereo Vision Control Panel API Server]
27. nvvsvc.exe - Process ID: 1352 (C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe) [Admin:NO] [x64]
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:46 pm

i have it disabled, but I was using it when I installed my new psu, just to make sure it wasn't the gpu causing my issues.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:52 pm

is there a particular driver that I need or don't have currently? I read the amd and win 10 are having a few issues with sto
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:56 pm

well its definately innerspace that's having the problem here, the game runs fine out of it. If I turn off the d9 option I can get it to run, but then I cant interact with the instance.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:01 am

update... I tried switching back to an older less capable card from NVidia, that works! This means that the issue lays in AMD driver! Which do you recommend as all can find are the catalyst and post win10 update drivers currently.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:52 pm

I have now tried every AMD driver i can find that is still usable with win10. Nothing is working, i cannot get even one box to launch past the signin screen! If you are saying that you are having no issues on a similar albeit more powerful setup can i please get a copy of your setup to see if it is something i am doing? No offence, but why am i paying for a product that i cannot use? I am still paid up untill January and havnt been able to use the product since win10s release! Can we please find a solution to my problem as i have now spent quite a bit on upgrading and changing physical parts of my pc just to use this product! I cannot revert to my previous windows os! The game itself is running perfectly, just wont launch using innerspace! Would screen sharing permit a dev to evaluate the issue better?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:09 pm

I didn't have time to test this out on my AMD gfx machine while I was near it (busy doing other updates on it), so the only tests I've personally run are on Nvidia based machines.

As you yourself have determined it is something in the AMD driver on Win10, which in itself is a great position as it does provide Lax something to focus on.

While I can't determine the validity of your downtime other than by the longevity of this thread, I suggest you email Lax asking him to pause your sub, or similar, if this is the only thing you play. You might also consider a dual-boot setup in the meantime, depending on whether this can be resolved for and AMD gfx setup. It is possible that it may not be depending on why it is occurring.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:46 pm

Because of the nature of the problem, obviously I need a test machine up with AMD hardware in order to test and provide a proper fix. Unfortunately I will be unable to do that until next week.

I have no problem extending your subscription after this is resolved
PreviousNext

Return to Star Trek Online