FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse drift

Moderator: MiRai

<<

oathblade

Post Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:31 pm

Mouse drift

I'm getting some mouse drift on the 2nd and 3rd-4th windows I cant figure out how to compensate for.

It only happens in dialog boxes. This is especially inconvenient when I need to select a dialog option to continue a quest.

The 2nd window is off about half a bar o the dialog window the 3rd and 4th are one bar or more off. so selecting iotion 1 on te main window will select option 2 or 3 on the later windows. Is there a way to fix it?

Its been fun trying the program but this is hugely frustrating. :/
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:42 pm

Re: Mouse drift

If this is permanent, i.e. happens for every part of the UI, then it is more than likely that the STO windows have not set their resolution correctly. This can be hugely frustrating, but you should check each game and make sure they are set to the same resolution, and also using the same Window setting (e.g. Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen, not the Fullscreen option).
You may even need to exit the game and set these options yourself in the per character prefs files, usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\localdata

If that doesn't help, it is possible there is something not right in your Window Layout, although it should be correct if it was Wizard generated. If you have changed something here, then perhaps you should share your config.
<<

oathblade

Post Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:59 pm

Hi Bob!

I tried messing with the resolutions and that didnt help. Turning them from windowed mode to full screen did :)

I'll be able to run some more tests tonight but I think you nailed the issue.

Thank you!
<<

oathblade

Post Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:48 pm

Bit of a bummer update.

It seemed to fix it in sector space (or it was never broken - I dont know) but the drift remains in ground maps. 1.5 inches on two screens and about 1 inch on another. I'm at a loss for how to fix it.

Here is the pstebin (dont laugh at my noob messing it up :P )
http://pastebin.com/uLgXetSZ
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:37 pm

As I said earlier, the game should really be set to run in a Windowed mode (either Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen), not Fullscreen. Sometimes however you need to flick the game between the modes for it to recognise the resolution it should be in, because the Window Layout will be setting a slightly non standard resolution, although in your case I see you have set a more standard resolution for your Reset Region.

Return to Star Trek Online