FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Issues with Arrow Keys [Solved]

Moderator: MiRai

<<

namesdan

Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:41 pm

Issues with Arrow Keys [Solved]

When trying to bind the arrow keys in STO, it seems to be binding the keycode instead of the actual key itself. The arrow keys, regardless of how I try to bind them. will not respond. I have tested: arrow keys on seperate key binds. Assigned a key map to arrow key through ISB. Even tried swapping out keyboard to no effect.

Bind #2 in this screenshot shows an example. (0x148 being up arrow, 0x150 being down, 0x14b left, and 0x14d right).

Edit: Regular client usage without using ISB does not produce this problem, arrow keys working as normal.
Last edited by namesdan on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:17 am

Re: Issues with Arrow Keys

Interesting. Virtual Keycodes report as
[Description("LEFT ARROW key")]
VK_LEFT = 0x25,
[Description("UP ARROW key")]
VK_UP = 0x26,
[Description("RIGHT ARROW key")]
VK_RIGHT = 0x27,
[Description("DOWN ARROW key")]
VK_DOWN = 0x28,

Do you have key maps disabled when you are entering these bindings?
<<

namesdan

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:41 am

Same results with key maps on and off.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:13 am

I've patched up my STO to see if I get the same behavior, but their servers are down for maintenance
<<

namesdan

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:39 pm

lax wrote:I've patched up my STO to see if I get the same behavior, but their servers are down for maintenance

Yeah, patching into a new season (mini-expansion) today. Servers back up now.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:55 pm

I've confirmed the issue on my PC. I'll see what I can do in the next couple of days. Thanks :)
<<

namesdan

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:01 pm

lax wrote:I've confirmed the issue on my PC. I'll see what I can do in the next couple of days. Thanks :)

No, thank you!
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:00 am

I have this same problem and have had it for years. Also, Modifier keys don't work with innerspace and Star Trek online. This really reduces the amount of keybinds we can have.

Back in 2012 Lax said in another Star Trek Online forum post, http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2261&p=9572&hilit=modifier#p9572 "Some games check the state of the modifier at the wrong time, which can be after the modifier is no longer held down anymore. If this is the case for STO, I can make a change to Inner Space to correct the problem. However, I need to know if enabling the Hold option on your Mapped Key affects the problem. Using the Hold option will cause the modifiers to be held down for as long as you hold the hotkey; usually this is sufficient to make sure the modifier is still held down when the game is checking for it.".

Two years later RSM72 wrote: "Tried this today - hold option for the hotkey does not change the behavior. Neither does doing the action at pressing the hotkey (at release is default)"

I really wish Someone could fix this.

Ridosaw
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:39 am

Whatever issues are important to you, please post about it. Being passive-aggressive is not usually enough to get issues solved (which is why you've had this issue "for years"). I just checked your post history and saw no mention of issues you're having except for when the Legacy of Romulus expansion was crashing under IS.

Regarding the Modifiers/"Hold" thread, 3 times I asked for configuration and neither the original poster, nor RSM72, produced one to show that they had tried the "Hold" option. Also, things are usually quite similar between STO and NW, and modifiers are working fine in NW last I knew. Plus I specifically worked with STO in May 2013 to make the walkthrough video for ISBoxer 41. Point being, nobody really challenged the assumption, which they could have done by sharing their configuration as was requested in the thread. I had no reason to believe it would operate any different than for every other game.

So assuming we're done with that conversation ...

I'll look into the reported issues, thank you for reporting that you're having an issue.
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:05 pm

Thank You Lax!

You and your software are awesome.

I kind of got the vibe from that last post, that I may have insulted you with:

Please forgive me, that was not my intention. :oops:

I have every confidence in you, that these issues will be resolved, now that you are aware of them. :D
Next

Return to Star Trek Online