FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiple Issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ANPres

Post Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:09 pm

Multiple Issues

I just started STO back up after a couple of years off and of course, started looking at ISBoxer..
(I've used it with all my games, LOVE this proggie..)

But something is seriously off with STO.
First, "mute" background doesn't seem to work.
Second, I'll set all my toons, both in innerspace and the game at "Max Windowed" and as soon as I load up inner, it goes back to fullscreen.
Problem with fullscreen, the mouse doesn't sync. (and it looks like crap, too.)

I have a horrible time trying to look around in space or on the ground in inner. The screen just doesn't want to move.
I haven't even gotten to setting multicast commands. That's another problem in itself.. the above kinda takes the fun out of it.
Suggestions?

Thanks much.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:30 pm

Re: Multiple Issues

First, "mute" background doesn't seem to work.

Unless you're using Windows XP, it should work. ISBoxer uses the Windows volume mixer to do this, with functionality added in Vista. You can try this out yourself -- left click the volume icon and click the "Mixer" link at the bottom below the volume slider. Then click Mute on any application -- this is what ISBoxer does. If you changed this setting while playing, remember to Export to Inner Space and then you may need to switch to each window one time for the setting to apply to that window.

Second, I'll set all my toons, both in innerspace and the game at "Max Windowed" and as soon as I load up inner, it goes back to fullscreen.

I can't be sure what you mean by "both in innerspace and the game at Max Windowed" because Inner Space doesn't have a Max Windowed setting. ISBoxer virtualizes your game configuration files by default, so your video settings while using ISBoxer are not affected by changes you make when playing without ISBoxer. You can just put it in Windowed instead of Max Windowed; ISBoxer may have to disable the Maximize anyway.

Problem with fullscreen, the mouse doesn't sync. (and it looks like crap, too.)

It should look and operate fine in full screen mode.

Open the in-game ISBoxer Control Panel (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+G), then click the debugging tab, and click the "Capture State" button. This will Copy some related info about all of the game windows and your Window Layout in order to help diagnose this problem. Paste that information here
<<

ANPres

Post Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:13 pm

Actually, mute may not be an issue. I had forgotten I'd created another set of toons, trying to find the issue.

What I'm saying is I'll set all the parameters of the game, minus innerspace.. just regular log in. Leave, start innerspace, everything will be reset.. doesn't matter how I set my screens, they always go back to max..
And "yes" they are out of sync.. which may be because 2 of the sessions are full screen and one is max. I dunno.

How do you want the capture?
Once I've changed everything to how I want it? Or just log off and log back in with it ending up as I described?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:53 pm

which may be because 2 of the sessions are full screen and one is max. I dunno.

Okay. That makes a lot more sense than just "Problem with fullscreen, the mouse doesn't sync. (and it looks like crap, too.)".

How do you want the capture?
Once I've changed everything to how I want it? Or just log off and log back in with it ending up as I described?

I want it broken in the capture. So after you log back in.

Also, how are you closing the game after changing it? Are the settings maybe not getting saved before you exit?
<<

ANPres

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:00 am

Well, typical "export" on Isboxer.
And there's not a "save" settings I can see.. just a "apply" and "okay".

I'll log and relog and debug.
<<

ANPres

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:06 am

---------------------------------------------------------
Session is1: StarTrek - ToonName - Slot 1
Executable: C:\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\GameClient.exe
Rendering system: Inner Space Direct3D11 Driver
Rendering on \\.\DISPLAY3, Bound to \\.\DISPLAY1
Window: 840x525 style 96020000. Rendering: 1920x1080 - Windowed
FPS: 30.389364 (Background)
Mouse: 976,442
Window Layout... (Instant Swap: TRUE)
- Reset Region: 0,0,1920,1080,FALSE,None,FALSE
- Foreground Region: 0,0,1920,1080,FALSE,None,FALSE
- Background Region: 1920,2,840,525,TRUE,None,TRUE
Session is2: StarTrek - ToonName - Slot 2
Rendering on \\.\DISPLAY1, Bound to \\.\DISPLAY3
Window: 1920x1080 style 96020000. Rendering: 1680x1050 - Windowed
FPS: 107.925804 (Foreground)
Mouse: 525,170
- Background Region: 1920,2,840,525,TRUE,None,TRUE
Session is3: StarTrek - ToonName - Slot 3
Rendering on \\.\DISPLAY3, Bound to \\.\DISPLAY3
Window: 840x525 style 96020000. Rendering: 1680x1050 - Windowed
FPS: 30.389364 (Background)
Mouse: 783,412
- Background Region: 1920,527,840,525,TRUE,None,TRUE
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:18 am

Okay. There may be an issue with your Window Layout, and we might be able to fix that. Share your configuration and we'll go from there http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

Both of the issues you're having - that it switches, and that it looks different - are probably related to the different monitor sizes combined with your particular layout settings.
<<

ANPres

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:39 am

Well, not exactly sure how to do this, but I uploaded the past..

160db07a1c

Does that give you what you need?
<<

ANPres

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:43 am

Also, on the monitors..

I have 3, but I deleted one in the set up for the windows layout.
(In ISboxer).

The layout reflects what I want, but I understand what you're saying.
I also just tried setting them to "windowed" with the same results.
When back to full screen, just fyi.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:24 am

Assuming we're talking about the Window Layout named "Star Trek" I don't see a reason why your windows would be rendering at different resolutions because the Reset Region is set to the largest available Region (which is what enforces the game resolution), but what could be happening is that your smaller Regions do not have the correct aspect ratio.

Your smaller Regions are currently 840x525 when they should be 840x472, and the Wizard does make that correction if you choose a Window Layout which maintained the aspect ratio. So, I'd suggest re-running the Window Layout Wizard, setting Maintain Aspect Ratio to true, and then choosing a new layout.

If that still doesn't work, then I'd suggest providing another Capture State when using the newly created Window Layout.

EDIT: As for your display mode continuously changing... your virtual files are only set on so many of your characters. You can assign them yourself by right-click on the word "Virtual Files," choosing to run the VF Wizard, selecting Star Trek from the drop down, selecting all of your characters, and then hitting finish. Your settings will save after you've logged in, made the necessary changes, and then exit the game clients.
Next

Return to Star Trek Online