FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Issue - Constant but Temporary Freezing and Arrow Keys Issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Tsinn

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:11 pm

Issue - Constant but Temporary Freezing and Arrow Keys Issue

I haven't been multiboxing STO for a while, but some friends are back into the game and I wanted to do some multiboxing. I'm having an issue though, where even if I open up a single window with ISBoxer, the game plays great for 10 or 15 seconds then freezes for 5 or so seconds then continues like nothing happened, over and over and over. It seems to make no difference if I'm at high graphics or low graphics or force a specific directx type. I've tried turning off as many processes as I can on the computer, but I can submit diagnostics if this is not something you already have an answer for. I've tried with and without steam or arc running, and a steam version, an arc version, and a steam version relocated to a public directory.

Also my arrow keys don't work with ISBoxer in STO anymore. I saw another post that suggested getting a previous version of InnerSpace (6016 I think), but after doing that, the STO launcher would crash.

Any help would be appreciated.
<<

thoathunter

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:53 pm

Re: Issue - Constant but Temporary Freezing and Arrow Keys Issue

I also have seen the arrow key problem (notable for me especially when picking up a commodity, I have to use the mouse now to change the waveform). The arrow keys did work in earlier versions.
<<

thoathunter

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:12 pm

See this thread for a possible workaround for the temporary freezes.
<<

thoathunter

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:14 pm

Lax, are you seeing the same issues with arrow keys (cursor keys) when you run STO through ISboxer?

These are useful to have when harvesting dlithium (rotating drill head to line up) or in harvesting raw materials (adjusting the waveform).

The cursor keys work fine when running STO normally by itself, but don't work when run within an ISboxer slot session.
<<

thoathunter

Post Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:33 am

Bump :)

Looking for a dev response to the arrow key issue - thanks in advance!

Return to Star Trek Online