FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Connection to Account server timed out.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

metalice13

Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:23 pm

Re: Connection to Account server timed out.

Not sure on how to get isboxer to launcher STO another way. I went to the STO folder and the only exe file was the one that innerspace is currently using. I know STO is now downloaded through a program called ARC now compared to when I first played. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Sorry for the delay in posting, work has kept me away. Thank you for all the help so far.
<<

Salion920

Post Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:28 pm

Did we ever find a solution for this? I seem to be experiencing the same issue - my connection to the account server times out when I launch the game through ISBoxer. I can run the game normally without ISBoxer.
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:00 pm

From what I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong please) there are 2 profiles for Star Trek Online that isboxer creates when you install isboxer.

The first is: Star Trek Online Default Profile

The second is: Star Trek Online No Patch

The first profile uses the Star Trek Online Launcher and launches the game using the Star Trek Online.exe file.

The second profile does NOT use the Star Trek Online Launcher and launches the game using the GameClient.exe file.

It does not appear anyone is having problems using the first profile. The one named "Star Trek Online Default Profile".

It does appear to me that STO players are having problems with the second profile. The one named "Star Trek Online No Patch"

When using that second profile you get an error that say's "connecting to login server" which eventually times out and say's "Connection to account server timed out" I don't know why it don't work, but I have a fix for it that works for me.

Highlight all this red text: -locale English -server 208.95.186.11 -server 208.95.186.12 ctrl + c it or right click and select copy.

Now right click the Innerspace icon in your system tray - select "configuration" (this open the "Innerspace configuration window") - click the "game configuration" tab - using the first drop down arrow select "Star Trek Online" - using the second drop down arrow select "Star Trek Online No Patch" - Now where it says "Main executable parameters" click the input field until you see a cursor and ctrl + v to paste the command line parameter you copied earlier - click "apply" and close the Innerspace uplink window.

You should now be able to launch STO using the "Star Trek Online No Patch" profile.

I hope this works for you. It certainly works for me.

Oh please post a reply confirming if this worked for you or not.

L8R Ridosaw :P
Previous

Return to Star Trek Online