FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Loading only one client

Moderator: MiRai

<<

durrill

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:33 am

Loading only one client

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3nsrmvN184

Above is the video tutorial for setting up a 5 client game of STO. I am following it EXACTLY. Innerspace is only loading up the game once. Uplink console only shows one iteration of the game loading when I run my ISBoxer Character Set ( It most definitely has 5 characters ). In the video tutorial, there is a huge cut at 6:12 where he goes from the ISBoxer application to 5 windows of the game. I can't seem to achieve the 5 windows. There is a massive disconnect here. It may be a very simple and obvious reason for the veterans of this application, but I just bought a 3 month subscription yesterday and am very new. I don't know what I'm missing. Please help!
<<

durrill

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:58 am

Re: Loading only one client

Uplink console is also saying "Character from Set not fully launched after 3 minutes"
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:06 am

The InnerSpace console should also say other things, like whether it has launched the first character, and then if it has started on the second or not. You can left click and hold/drag the mouse to highlight if you want to copy/paste the info so we can see it (saves you typing it all out).

Also a diagnostic is going to be needed too.
<<

durrill

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:18 pm

It loads one copy of STO and no others. It says to run it again to resume, but it starts over with the first character in the set. Both a paste from the Uplink Console and the Diagnostic is in the URL below.

Thanks for your help.

http://pastebin.com/dPegXbWT
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Make sure you close Arc Launcher before attempting to launch your team. If it is already running, ISBoxer cannot launch a new one..

ISBoxer (Inner Space, really) will need to be the program to launch a separate Arc Launcher instance for each game instance you want to play, and only one Arc Launcher can be up at a time. You will need to close Arc Launcher, launch your team, and then when the game has launched, close Arc Launcher and repeat.

So ..

1. Close Arc Launcher
2. Launch your team (this will launch the next character)
3. After the game has launched, return to Step 1; continue until your team is fully launched

The process with Arc Launcher is different than STO has been in the past. You may also need another Virtual File added in order to store the correct account per Arc Launcher instance. You can use the Virtual File Wizard and select "Swordsman Online" (which is another Arc game that uses Config.ini for the Arc account) in the game drop down,. I think that will be the same in this case, I may just need to add this for Star Trek Online now as well.
<<

durrill

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:49 pm

Hello Iax.

I did what you suggested, but it wasn't working for me. But, your concern with the Launcher interfering set me in the right direction. When adding the game to Inner Space, I dragged over the STO Icon on my desktop, which actually links to the Arc launcher. I decided to re-add STO to Inner Space but this time I dug in to the Program Files folder to find the GameClient.exe file and dragged that in to Inner Space instead. I changed all my character sets to load that new entry.

Everything seems to be working now.

Thanks for your help.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:33 am

Okay, so I've installed STO through Arc Launcher this morning. Here is what I recommend to everyone: to add STO to Inner Space, point Inner Space at "Star Trek Online.exe" in the main STO folder. You can skip Arc Launcher entirely to multibox STO, because Arc Launcher is just launching the game's normal launcher anyway, and the same account information goes in the STO launcher.

I'll check what is up with the Arc Launcher support though, it should still work.

Return to Star Trek Online