FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Just got back into this after a year.... [Tips inside]

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:08 am

Just got back into this after a year.... [Tips inside]

Thought i'd share a neat trick that some might be wanting in order to cut down on hotkey smashing in combat.

Want to assist your main?

Don't want to constantly be forced to hit a button in order to assist before hitting your attack key?

Simple!

Bind BOTH /target <Main> AND your /attack buttons into ONE single button :)!

Example #1:
I'm flying around in space and want my dude's following me to PRIMARILY attack my target (if i have one).

Step #1: I make sure that "Attack my target's target" is checked "On" in options so that whenever they have me targeted they'll attack what I attack, when they do.

Step #2: Say I want my "Fire All" button, which is spacebar, to be my assist AND attack button in one.
I'd type the following command:
/bind space "Target MainToonName$$FireAll"

Note: It is important that there are NO spaces in between $$ and your commands.

This will replace whatever spacebar is set to in options, or it should, and will first try to target your main and THEN do the FireAll command. What's cool about this is what even with tons of lag and/or speed-spamming there doesn't seem to be ANY race conditions. In other words, they'll ALWAYS prefer my target, if i have one, over a randomly selected one of their choosing.

Example #2:
Let's say i'm on the ground, and I want all my guys to prefer MY targets over their own randomly selected one, for normal attacks.

Step#1: Place your primary and secondary attacks on the #1 and #2 keys.

Step#2: Type the following commands:
/bind 1 "TARGET MainToonName$$+STOTrayExecByTray 0 0"
/bind 2 "TARGET MainToonName$$+STOTrayExecByTray 0 1"

Again, no spaces in between the $$'s, and make sure the actual concat'ed commands are inside double quotations!

This will, again, prefer MY target over a randomly selected one, and THEN will fire off said attack key. Obvious 0 0 == the first hotbar item on the first hotbar, etc etc.

What's cool about this is that you can ALSO do this for targeted skills as well. Just put them in a specific location, map your keys as i've done above, and BAM! You're focus firing like a boss!

I'll post more goodies that I come across as I find them. Oh, and make sure not to use auto-attack for ground based stuff. For whatever reason the alternate fire attack doesn't like it so much?

As for space, I make sure to NOT use any of the option-oriented infinite auto-attack stuff, and merely right-click each weapon i have to put the auto-fire green beacon around them so i'm not spamming the attack key.

ps: Don't forget to map "Distribute Shields" to a key you can reach easily while fighting in space-combat. This will save your but bigtime!
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:49 pm

Re: Just got back into this after a year.... [Tips inside]

Wow, I posted this exactly one year ago, and not a single reply. :cry:

I thought these were pretty neat to share when i posted :(.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:36 pm

Mojoguy01 wrote:Wow, I posted this exactly one year ago, and not a single reply. :cry:

I thought these were pretty neat to share when i posted :(.

Just because there were no replies doesn't mean they weren't read, understood, and then applied -- This thread has had over 850 views.
<<

Kresharth

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:15 am

Indeed, I read understood and applied it successfully :)

Thank you!!!

Return to Star Trek Online