FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Issue with fluid mouse movement.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Xtremepayne

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:59 pm

Issue with fluid mouse movement.

I currently 2 box STO. When I move the mouse about the screen it's not fluid moving like it is when I 3 box it in Lotro. I play STO in full screen and also play 2 box. I am not sure what I am missing. Does STO need to be in windowed mode when boxing?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Re: Issue with fluid mouse movement.

Xtremepayne wrote:I currently 2 box STO. When I move the mouse about the screen it's not fluid moving like it is when I 3 box it in Lotro. I play STO in full screen and also play 2 box. I am not sure what I am missing. Does STO need to be in windowed mode when boxing?

Try changing the setting and let us know if you get different behavior. Re-launch the game window after changing it. It should not affect your Window Layout or performance at all. Unless you're using multiple PCs in order to actually be in full screen mode, anyway...
<<

Xtremepayne

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:10 am

I tried it on my home system and also my laptop. Both produced the same results. Windowed and fullscreen made no difference.
<<

IrishAstronut

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:23 pm

You might need to make sure of a couple of things:

1. make sure that only one video card is being used... sto no likey SLI.

2. limit the video memory to 512MB per account.

3. set graphics to their lowest settings and try to limit FPS to 30.

I had the same issue that you are describing when mine was set up for 2 monitors with 2 separate video cards. It works great now!
Dual-Boxing.com forum name: Riiker
<<

Xtremepayne

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:55 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I'll give it a try.
<<

IrishAstronut

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:46 am

Unfortunately, this has become an issue for me again. It seems to be tied to my CPU performance though. When I move the mouse around and it's stuttering, the FPS takes a nose dive too.

I just try not to use mouse loOk when it happens. Not a fix... I know.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:41 am

IrishAstronut wrote:Unfortunately, this has become an issue for me again. It seems to be tied to my CPU performance though. When I move the mouse around and it's stuttering, the FPS takes a nose dive too.

Open up Windows Task Manager and see what processes change in CPU when you're moving the mouse?

There's also malware that has come up recently in mouse/keyboard lag reports, if you find stij.exe in your list of processes, you'll want to get rid of that. We can verify it through ISBoxer's "Diagnostics for game crashes" from the Help menu if needed (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics)
<<

IrishAstronut

Post Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Nice. Thanks Lax. I'm interested to see if malware is the cause. I'll keep u posted.
<<

Xtremepayne

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:48 pm

I checked for malware, none found. I even went as far as changing my antivirus from avast to avg. Uninstalled programs that I knew I wasn't using anymore and even stopped some from loading at startup. No change. It's like sometimes I use the mouse to look around and then it changes my direction of view to some other direction as well. I will continue to work at it and see if its something on my end. But at this point I am willing to try anything.

I also went as far as building a new profile for Star Trek Online to make sure it was seperate from my Lotro profile for loading into Innerspace. Wanted to make sure I had no conflicts. As stated before, It works fine in Lotro. but not in Star Trek Online. I also play Lotro in DX9 because I have found that I get no issues with windows layout using DX9 in Lotro. If I use DX11 the windows layout seems to have issues.

To explain that issue, in DX11 the mouse is working in a smaller area then the resolution area. In DX9 I can mouse my mouse over the whole window with no issues. Also DX9 allows me to use Computer screens 2 and 3 of my 3 screen set. DX11 forces it to screen 1.

Could all this be DX11? And if so can reinstall it or am I looking at a fresh install of everything?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:24 am

Xtremepayne wrote:I checked for malware, none found. I even went as far as changing my antivirus from avast to avg. Uninstalled programs that I knew I wasn't using anymore and even stopped some from loading at startup. No change. It's like sometimes I use the mouse to look around and then it changes my direction of view to some other direction as well. I will continue to work at it and see if its something on my end. But at this point I am willing to try anything.

I also went as far as building a new profile for Star Trek Online to make sure it was seperate from my Lotro profile for loading into Innerspace. Wanted to make sure I had no conflicts. As stated before, It works fine in Lotro. but not in Star Trek Online. I also play Lotro in DX9 because I have found that I get no issues with windows layout using DX9 in Lotro. If I use DX11 the windows layout seems to have issues.

To explain that issue, in DX11 the mouse is working in a smaller area then the resolution area. In DX9 I can mouse my mouse over the whole window with no issues. Also DX9 allows me to use Computer screens 2 and 3 of my 3 screen set. DX11 forces it to screen 1.

Could all this be DX11? And if so can reinstall it or am I looking at a fresh install of everything?

Thanks for the info, that does give me some things to test for. There are related fixes in the development build of Inner Space; can you try the dev build and see if you see the same issues? Right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up
Next

Return to Star Trek Online