FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Menu Configuration Ground vs Space

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Frayzion

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:13 am

Menu Configuration Ground vs Space

So I am a total noob when it comes to multi-boxing. I just installed ISBoxer today and have been fiddling around with a two slot configuration. The one annoying thing that I've run into is that the UI interface differs in STO depending upon whether you are in space or ground mode. That means that my carefully resized and positioned menus look and work great in one mode but don't line up properly in the other. What would be the best way to get around this quirk in STO?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:40 pm

Re: Menu Configuration Ground vs Space

Pretty sure this post covers it:

viewtopic.php?p=18010#p18010
<<

Frayzion

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:40 pm

MiRai wrote:Pretty sure this post covers it:

viewtopic.php?p=18010#p18010

I didn't describe the issue very well. My bindings work fine, the issue is that STO's UI has different sized, spaced, and located 1-10 buttons depending upon whether you are in Space mode or Ground mode. Hence, I can get the menu aligned and working with the ground UI, but when I beam up to Space my menus are in the wrong location, the grid squares are too big, and too spaced to work with the space mode UI.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:51 pm

Frayzion wrote:I didn't describe the issue very well. My bindings work fine, the issue is that STO's UI has different sized, spaced, and located 1-10 buttons depending upon whether you are in Space mode or Ground mode. Hence, I can get the menu aligned and working with the ground UI, but when I beam up to Space my menus are in the wrong location, the grid squares are too big, and too spaced to work with the space mode UI.

No, you actually described it fine the first time, I just failed to read over the entire thing after seeing "ground" and "space". I guess this is only an issue if you're solely clicking everything in your UI, since pressing 1 through = on your keyboard will broadcast as usual regardless of where the menu overlay is.

At this point, I guess you could duplicate the existing Standard menu, rename it, and then adjust it to fit the size of your UI in space. Then you could either continuously flip between them in ISBoxer and re-export every time you make the transition between ground and space, or you can configure a new Mapped Key with two Steps and two Menu State Actions to toggle between the two menus (at least how I think it'd be done).

Apologies for the quick reply, but if you still need help then just ask again and someone can probably give a more specific reply.
<<

Frayzion

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:24 pm

Thanks MiRai! You set me on the right track. I eventually ended up using a hot key to switch between menu states depending upon whether I was in space mode or ground mode. Then it was just a matter of setting up a space menu template and a ground menu template for the appropriate spacing and button sizes. I really appreciate your help! :)
<<

IrishAstronut

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:38 am

If you could post your setup I'd really appreciate it. I can't figure out menus at all and it would really help to see what you came up with for STO. :D
Dual-Boxing.com forum name: Riiker

Return to Star Trek Online