FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

standard menu boxes not functioning

Moderator: MiRai

<<

orcus2190

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:31 am

standard menu boxes not functioning

I do not know if I should post here, or the general help forum, however STO is the only MMO I play, so this seemed more appropriate as this is where I know it doesn't work

I have my standard menu configured as best I can. 3 rows of 10, all roughly lining up over the boxes beneath them.
The first issue I encountered was that the menus transmitted the wrong button. For me to click a power that is on 'tray 1', it had to be under the top row of green boxes. I can't actually click any of the 2nd or 3rd row of boxes, making the standard menu impossible to use with mouse.
I have also encountered a problem where it doesn't transmit the clicked button to the other windows, in any noticable shape, way or form.

I do need to admit, I am unsure if I have done something wrong, or if it is simply a bug or glitch somewhere. I just wish to try and help. So far, I am loving it - aside from the hiccup and the difficulty in controlling the walking patterns of the others (for follow to work, I need to disable broadcast, activate it, then walk with the main. I could accept that, except that the standard menu that you drag over your powers doesn't transmit) <--- I solved the walk problem, while looking up something else. I had an issue with movement commands being broadcast. Now, it seems, movement isn't broadcast, but broadcasting other commands still works, as does mouse broadcast. It hasn't solved the menu not broadcasting though (though I did create a custom menu to fit how I setup sto, hoping it would fix it. It hasn't appeared to)

On a side note, is it possible to seperate broadcast, so that you can disable either mouse or keyboard, without disabling the other?
Last edited by orcus2190 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:00 am

Re: standard menu boxes not functioning

If you need help beyond my explanations in this post, show me your configuration so I can see what, specifically, you've done to the Standard Menu :) (HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support)

I can't actually click any of the 2nd or 3rd row of boxes, making the standard menu impossible to use with mouse.

I'm GUESSING that all you did was adjust the Menu Template to have more buttons in it.

The Hotkey Set assigned to the Menu controls whatever Hotkeys activate the buttons on your Menu. So if you want more Hotkeys (as opposed to just clicking), you will need to set those in the Hotkey Set.

The Button Set assigned to the Menu controls the behavior of each button when you activate it (via clicking or Hotkey). If you added a bunch more Buttons to your Menu, they do nothing until you set up the behavior in the Button Set attached to the Menu. So you will likely need to select your Button Set and add behaviors for each additional button you added. The ones made by the wizard just use a Keystroke Action to send e.g. 1 to all windows.

So far, I am loving it - aside from the hiccup and the difficulty in controlling the walking patterns of the others (for follow to work, I need to disable broadcast, activate it, then walk with the main. I could accept that, except that the standard menu that you drag over your powers doesn't transmit)

At least in non-space mode (I dont know what they call it) you should indeed have broadcasting off and use auto-follow.

On a side note, is it possible to seperate broadcast, so that you can disable either mouse or keyboard, without disabling the other?

Yes. This is typically not necessary as broadcasting should usually only be turned on for specific times, like clicking through game UI windows or interacting with NPCs, etc. Otherwise, you should be using other tools ISBoxer provides; for example if you need a bunch of hotkeys to broadcast you can use the Mapped Key Wizard to set up Straight Key Broadcasts, and each of them will work like key broadcasting... but without actually enabling complete key broadcasting.

But, the Quick Setup Wizard generates a mouse-only broadcast toggle that you can follow as an example. In the top left pane under Key Maps select Always On, and in the bottom left pane there will be one called "Activate Mouse Repeat" with no default Hotkey. You can set a Hotkey and use this to toggle just mouse broadcasting. Toggling just key broadcasting is similar but again those keys should usually be mapped instead, making a keyboard-specific broadcasting toggle somewhat useless. (In my experience if I want keyboard broadcasting enabled, mouse broadcasting is probably not going to be interfering with anything.)
<<

orcus2190

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:12 am

I appreciate your help. This is in reply to your message, after you posted but before any revisions you may have made after the edit I made to my original post.
http://www.privatepaste.com/8e89e57194

This is my config file. I created a new menu template, buttons, hotkeys. It should work, based on my limited understanding; it does not.
Everything else, how, seems to work brilliantly, and I guess I could play using hotkeys. I did for a while using shooter mode ground combat.

I am certain I am doing something wrong, but I know not what.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:21 am

Your Menu Template has 30 buttons by the Grid Size (3x10), but the Menu Template is configured with "Number of Buttons" set to 10. Fix that and you should be set :) Granted, the editor should probably provide a warning on this one.

For me to click a power that is on 'tray 1', it had to be under the top row of green boxes.

As far as THIS goes, are you saying that the cursor isn't lining up with the boxes? You have to put the mouse cursor PAST the boxes to click the right thing? That sounds like a bug relating to your Window Layout plus the in-game windowed mode setting. It might be solved by changing the in-game windowed mode/fullscreen mode setting to Windowed Mode as opposed to Fullscreen mode. (Or vice versa. Try changing the setting in the game.)
<<

orcus2190

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:40 am

Without sounding rude: That isn't what I meant, but I solved the problem. I had click through set, so clicking the boxes wasn't actually doing anything. The 'problem' was due to my misunderstanding how they worked with regards to the clicking box activating wrong power. The box simply triggers a hotkey. I did not realise that, at first.

With regards to the buttons thing, thanks for letting me know. It is now fixed; the menu knows it has 30 buttons now!
Thank you for your assistance; and I appologise if I sounded rude. It is 1:40am, I am now going to retire for much needed sleep. Thanks again.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:10 am

Not rude at all, glad to help and glad you got it working now :)
<<

orcus2190

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:20 pm

I figured it would be best to reply to this with a new issue, rather than creating a new thread.

It seems the ISBoxer targetting system (ie, Target {Slot}) does not appear to work in space. Does anyone know an alternative way to get this to work?
I might just have to configure it to "Target {charactername}" through in-game keybinds, if I can.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:22 pm

orcus2190 wrote:It seems the ISBoxer targetting system (ie, Target {Slot}) does not appear to work in space. Does anyone know an alternative way to get this to work?

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2670
<<

orcus2190

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:33 pm

That wasn't the problem... I may have been wrong. It may still function perfectly. Sorry... noob moment. I forgot to make sure all team members were in the same instance. This map is solo instance only.

Return to Star Trek Online