FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Any one with STO working please help!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Cylur

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Any one with STO working please help!

I need to know which .exe file to use and how to properly set it up. I've tried using Star Trek online.exe launcher, nothing happens. When I switched to Gameclient.exe it won't connect to server.

Thanks everyone for suggestions
<<

mmmbox

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:26 pm

Re: Any one with STO working please help!

you posted a month ago but ill still leave a reply.

I tried my 5 box sto, and its still working fine.

If you have issues its because is boxer and STO hates eachother, or rather STO hates everything.

No other game have had so many issues being boxed then STO, errors i had with IS boxer and STO are still there after 2 years of boxing STO.

Having said all that you need to be pretty hardcore boxer and love Star Trek because you need to know how is boxer works but most importantly you need to know how STO works.

so 8 out of 10 times if STO is not launching its because of your ingame graphics settings which are very sensetive to anything especially IS BOXER, start by setting all to minimum and make sure YOU DO NOT USE THE BETA DX11 option.

Also you need to set your resolution to windowed mode preferably some smallish resolution, then you fire up your game and if it works you can start cranking up your settings one by one.

A hint, it is possible to setup in IS BOXER virtual files for every window so you can have different graphics settings for each of your char, IS BOXER does not do this out of the box as it does with many other games, the settings file is named "gameprefs.pref" and put that as a virual file for each of your chars and you will have individual settings viola.
<<

mmmbox

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:39 pm

Re: Any one with STO working please help!

and lol the mouse lock problem is still around after 2 years :)

(i just picked up boxing sto again after couple of months break)

Lax do you have any clue as to why STO still today have this issue when you box?

Return to Star Trek Online