<<

Tsinn

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:06 am

Mapped Keys with Modifiers Not Working Properly

I'm having an issue where if I setup a mapped key:

Shift+A -> Shift+A to all windows
Control+A -> Control+A to all windows

and then make a bind for A, Shift+A, Control+A in STO

Hitting Shift+A does Shift+A then A on remote windows, and Shift+A on the local window
Hitting Control+A does Control+A then A on remote windows, and Control+A on the local window

If I hold down Shift or Control and press A twice, the first one works, and the second one does both binds (modifier+a and just a), even in the main window. The first press still does both (modifier+a and just a) in the remote window.

The inner space debugger in game seems to show the correct press/release for the key combinations, but STO does more than 1. If I toggle keymaps off, there is no issue.

I can work around it by not binding to a single key, so for example Shift+A and Control+A and Alt+A work fine as long as I don't bind to A as well (or it will hit A after). I could definately be doing something wrong but I am able to reproduce it from a fresh setup. This is on the latest dev build.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Mapped Keys with Modifiers Not Working Properly

I don't have a solution for you. I suspect Lax may need to look at this.

However, it may be helpful to also know what happens when you enable (or disable if it is already set) the "Hold and Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held" option for those Mapped Keys. There is also a small chance this may fix the problem.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:02 am

In order to answer this (and follow the sequence that is actually happening) it would help to see your config.

HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support
<<

mmmbox

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:01 am

This has never worked in STO and ISboxer, i had the same issue when i started boxing STO back in 2011-07 but compared with then its much more stable today.

Do not use modifyers like ALT and SHIFT for mappings in the game.

back when i started boxing STO i learned this the hard way, if you use lets say SHFT A, open chatt in game IS boxer will send the "uppercase A" but if you mapp a hotkey to SHIFT A it wont work, you can do SHIFT A in the game normally but not throu IS boxer.

This must have something to do with how STO interpets the signals from keyb and mouse send from ISboxer, also you cannot use G15 programmable keys, this will crash STO.

There is something really weird with STO and ISboxer keyb/mouse input.

So very simply, do not use SHIFT ALT and similar mappings in game with STO and ISboxer.

I am 5 boxing ELITE STFs now managed to do them all, only time i fail is when the mouse stops working... ;)

I think CRYPTIC engine utilize some form of non-industry standard coding because no game is so "malign" as STO is with ISboxer.

Ohh well back to STFs again, i just failed becasue of mouse and there is 1h cooldown so i came here to read some suffs and saw this :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:12 am

Again I cannot help diagnose this issue without seeing your configuration. I can help correct the issue if I have the right information.

Some games check the state of the modifier at the wrong time, which can be after the modifier is no longer held down anymore. If this is the case for STO, I can make a change to Inner Space to correct the problem. However, I need to know if enabling the Hold option on your Mapped Key affects the problem. Using the Hold option will cause the modifiers to be held down for as long as you hold the hotkey; usually this is sufficient to make sure the modifier is still held down when the game is checking for it.

also you cannot use G15 programmable keys, this will crash STO.

I'll be looking into this crash
<<

mmmbox

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:31 am

Hi Lax,

your respons and dedication is admirable.

I just tried another STF and the gameclient crashed, tho this rarely happens STO is the one game i play where is does (not SWTOR, WOW, EQ1, EQ2) and its ALWAYS the main windows, ie whatever windows you are working in AND only when you use the mouse or keyboard.

the mouse will stop functioning (its mouse click that stops working) when just moving it, i might be mouselooking (presseing left and or right mouse button) and it will just decide not to work the UI will respond when you hower over any button but you just cant click, its hillarious.

I feel i am beating a dead horse here unfortunately STO is most awesome game to box there is or i would have moved on long time ago.

So you say you want my config and ill try to post it but i feel its like you asking to look at my foot when i say i have broken my hand ;) but then again you are the doctor :)

EDIT*

I decided to try sto on 2 screens to have the main windows on screen no1 and my 4 slaves on screen no2, the pointer will disappear completely then.
Last edited by mmmbox on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:23 am

The only part that is related to your configuration is whether or not the modifiers are working.

As far as crashes and the mouse not working, I am not asking to see your config in order to help you with that. I can help you (and the OP) with modifiers just by seeing your configuration. What would help is crash report information. If there is no error report generated, the Windows Event Log (under Application) may have some Error listings for GameClient.exe (STO's game client).

The crash from input devices should be fixed in Inner Space build 5594. (No word yet on the other issues, I'm not done testing)
<<

mmmbox

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:44 am

Faulting application name: GameClient.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f8f2211
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000ce6c3
Faulting process id: 0xda8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd1fc778d9dd00
Faulting application path: c:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\GameClient.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 3b03c985-8bbc-11e1-a609-002618df5dbf

This is the event test when STO crashes
<<

RSM72

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:41 am

lax wrote:I need to know if enabling the Hold option on your Mapped Key affects the problem. Using the Hold option will cause the modifiers to be held down for as long as you hold the hotkey; usually this is sufficient to make sure the modifier is still held down when the game is checking for it.

Tried this today - hold option for the hotkey does not change the behavior. Neither does doing the action at pressing the hotkey (at release is default)

Return to Star Trek Online