FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

latest update of ISboxer dont work with sto?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mmmbox

Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:54 pm

latest update of ISboxer dont work with sto?

hi,

i updated IS boxer on my main comp and my STO sets no longer works, it freezes at the cryptic loading screen.

reason why i think its the latest update that did this is because i could run the STO sets on my 2nd comp.

I then updated isboxer on that comp, and same result. it freezes at the cryptic load screen.

please have a look at this, if you need more info please let me know
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:22 pm

Re: latest update of ISboxer dont work with sto?

Specific build number of Inner Space is important information.

Also, number one thing to try if something like this happens is to toggle the development build option in the Inner Space patcher. Right click IS, select Patcher, check (or un-check) "Download development (test) patches", then close and restart Inner Space. If it works with one but not the other, that would be very useful information for me to have. :)

If it works with neither, then visit the Inner Space build archives at http://www.lavishsoft.com/account/is-archives.php and find the last one that works -- and report that. This will help me narrow it down. I'll also check on it asap.
<<

mmmbox

Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:57 pm

1.11 Build 5564

dev patch version dont work either.

*EDIT* build 5551 works like a charm

looking at the files i bet my captains chair :) its the is-d3d9.dll considering STO is a direct x 9 game tho dx11 is availible as a beta but if i choose that it wont work with IS boxer at all and never has.

anyway, i can live with the old 5551 for now, thanks for the tip.
<<

KensanSTO

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:28 am

Same issue with OP
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Fixed with Inner Space development build 5576, now the development build. (Right click IS, select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches", then close and restart Inner Space)

Thanks guys

Where can I find the DX11 option for STO?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:44 pm

lax wrote:Where can I find the DX11 option for STO?

Not sure if it's still relevant but this is from their blog.

The primary feature released is support for DirectX 11. By default, the game will utilize DirectX 9, but you can switch to DirectX 11. Some people report up to a 20fps increase when playing the game after switching to DirectX 11. To enable it, go to the “Options” window, switch to the “Video” tab, check the “Show Advanced Settings” checkbox, scroll down to the bottom and open the “Troubleshooting” section, and then use the pull-down choice on the first line to make your choice. Changing the setting will require a restart of the game client before it takes effect.

EDIT: HardOCP did a review on the DX9 / DX11 comparison and it would seem that AMD cards do worse in DX11 and NVidia cards to better in DX11. Obviously the update was still in beta at the time of the review but, it may be something to keep in mind if you have an AMD GPU.

Review - http://hardocp.com/article/2012/01/17/s ... e_review/1
<<

mmmbox

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:17 am

Hi,

I tested the latest IS dev patch yesterday, i was 5 boxing STO and it works.

Unfortunately the mouse lock issue still exists and pops up from time to time, you then have to kill that session and restart it, fortunately you don't have to restart all 5 sessions when it happens only the one where the mouse stops working (you cant click, the UI seems to respond to mouseover but clicking doesn't work)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:25 am

Thanks for the confirm and the reminder on the mouse bug, I'll see what I can find
<<

Tsinn

Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:41 pm

I have the mouse problem as well, but I'm still experiencing window freezes. I have to kill the process from task manager.

I'm 5 boxing, but 4 of the accounts are virtualizing a minimum graphics version of gameprefs.pref. The freezing is fairly random. Sometimes I can go for quite a while. If I can find steps to reproduce it I will post them.

Edit: Forgot to add, I am running Build 5578 of Inner Space (latest dev I believe)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:15 am

If you get game freezes:
1. Be on the latest ISBoxer build (40.2.405.1)
2. Use "Diagnostics for game freezes" in the Help menu
3. E-mail the file to me at lax@lavishsoft.com
(This is just for freezes, it will not help with the mouse issue)
Next

Return to Star Trek Online