FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

latest update of ISboxer dont work with sto?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mmmbox

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:31 am

Re: latest update of ISboxer dont work with sto?

Hi,

i five box STO, all instances on the same comp, and the freezez are totally gone now so i am curious about ppl that still have them.

only issue i had was if I tried to run with the dx11 beta, make sure you use dx9 as shown above.

Also i have had issues using 3rd party macro programs like G15 and Razer NAGA, be carefull when using these together with ISboxer and STO.

with my current setup i run space and ground combat totally without need for mouse input, i still use the mouse but if shite hits the fan i can do without it.

But STO is a game with hysterical amount of micro managment outside combat (Boff, skills, equipment, quest management etc)
<<

Tsinn

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:15 pm

I have a G13 as well but I cannot use it with STO. After using the stick for a few moments, which is bound to arrow keys, the window instance will crash. It also seems if I hit lots of other keys the same thing will happen, but it takes a bit longer. G13 works in other games with Inner Space (although I think I had the same problem in Champions Online with it). Also, I have a Razer Nostromo and do not have problems using it with STO (unless its somehow part of the freezing, which has not occured over the last few hours I played, which if it does, I'll submit the logs per request).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:32 pm

... crash in what way? Is there an error report of any kind that you could provide me?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:21 am

The crash from input devices should be fixed in Inner Space build 5594. (No word yet on the other issues, I'm not done testing)
<<

Tsinn

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:43 am

A quick check shows me the G-Key issue appears to be resolved on the latest dev build! Awesome!
<<

mmmbox

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:55 am

i can confirm the stability.

i have had the mouse bug occure once since i uppdated IS in perhaps 20h of game play and been doing ELITE STF like crazy.

during 20h before i would had had perhaps 4-6 occurances of the mouse issue.

i managed to do ELITE INFECTED SPACE with OPTIONAL goal as well so was very happy (prevent probes from healing the gate generators and finish within 15 mins)

the mouse issue occured right after i downloaded the patches 1h after you made them availible perhaps you made some minor tweks because i have not had the issue since.

question, mouse repeat is also acting up where on one window it will work but on the next it wont to again be working on all windows and then not at all.

This especially seems to happen if the UI is not at the same "stage" on all chars.

I dont use mouse repeat for anything important, just curious.

Anyway, many thanks for the latest patch i can verify its alot more stable, once i am finished with SPACE STFs ill go back to the ground STF's, i skipped those due to the very heavy dependancy on mouse interaction.
Previous

Return to Star Trek Online