FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Is STO Software boxable?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ditch

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:17 am

Re: Is STO Software boxable?

lax wrote:The last minor update to ISBoxer 34 should have added STO to the list of games in the drop-down for the Quick Setup Wizard, and if selected will automatically enable the two options in the Character Set screen. I wonder if he picked Other in the list?

He may have because in my original video's made during beta, I had to use "Other"; I don't actually have it as an option for the game select right now. I have version 1.09 (Build 5083) with the "test" download option checked for Inner Space. As for the "toolkit", I can't find a version and it hasn't requested an update as of the last time I opened it. Have I missed something?

Ditch
<<

Ditch

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:34 am

Perrigrin wrote:Thanks!

Set it up according to the video - but one problem....

It wont work in the "fullscreen windowed" mode - that will actually take it to full screen.
going windowed seems to work ok, except that it looks like crap.

Exactly how is the game set up in the video?

Which EXE is it pointing to? I can imagine some of the issue is that it's pointed to the patcher not the game exe (which I cant find)

I used the "Star Trek Online.exe" which is the patcher for the game. I myself tried to use the "client.exe" (sub folder called 'live'), but found it will not load characters. I did some packet captures on the traffic and there is something that happens in the loader when it calls the "client.exe" that must 'check' that the patcher was run. I could have some odd layout from being in beta and have not reinstalled it.

As for how many on one machine, I have 4 boxed on a single machine, but to make the video simple I just did a 2 box setup. I've also since added a number of other keys as I went along; generally update them during game play and load them. I do run into odd problems where the second to fourth accounts will be unable to get time and characters will slide on the screen instead of walk. I took this to be 'my hardware' as the problem as it does not do that in EQ2, LoTR, SWG or a number of others I've boxed in up to 4 box. STO appears to be really demanding on the DX engine or something. I got it working by keeping the FPS close on all instances and equal when I reach 4 Box for everything to work as I like.

Here is how it works for me:

When you use the patcher, let it bring up both instances of it and the last one on top is your second slot. Log it in, let it patch and then "engage". Once the windows change around you can log into the other account which will be your first slot and head on in. Aside from my leaving out the steps to "prevent" the window movements, all the other parts are as it ran in the video.

I hope some of this helps, looking back I wish I'd left that clip of the "add game" part in the final cut. Perhaps I need to do the game and ISBoxer justice by updating and adding a few points that I managed to leave out when I shouldn't have.
<<

Ikyo

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:33 am

Wondering does STO have keys that get additional power when holdign them down like Champions Online?
<<

Gorgarn

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:30 am

Ikyo wrote:Wondering does STO have keys that get additional power when holdign them down like Champions Online?

Star Trek Online does not have build ups like Champions Online does. Same basic engine, so these could get added at some point. I have to say, I don't see it fitting in though.
<<

Bengalaas

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Was this ever confirmed to work? I am getting the same issues mentioned above, where StarTrekOnline.exe loads two instances of the game (I am trying to dual box this), but I am unable to swap windows, and GameClient.exe (from the Live folder) takes me to a log in screen, but I am unable to authenticate - I get the same error about my connection timing out. I am using ISBoxer 38, and have verified that the two check boxes have been checked to prevent the repositioning of the windows, and to make each game think that it is in the foreground. Under the ISBoxer 38 version, these settings were selected by default.

`Edit: Sheesh, paying attention really CAN pay off. NVM, finished reading the rest of the forum, and it works perfectly.... /facepalm :roll:
<<

KensanSTO

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:31 pm

Anyone having problems starting STO with IS since the last STO patch? Mine keeps crashing when opened with IS but works fine when I open them up individually.

edit: Able to launch under windowed mode but keeps crashing at windowed maxmimized. Will continue when I get back from work.
<<

tanker

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:08 pm

KensanSTO wrote:Anyone having problems starting STO with IS since the last STO patch? Mine keeps crashing when opened with IS but works fine when I open them up individually.

edit: Able to launch under windowed mode but keeps crashing at windowed maxmimized. Will continue when I get back from work.

Try the latest development patch of Innerspace:

http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8365#p8365
Previous

Return to Star Trek Online