FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Current issues with STO...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:40 am

Current issues with STO...

So apparently my other topic is being overlooked :/. So I decided to make a new one highlighting current issues i'm having with STO since apparently it isn't very popular here :(?

-Cloning the Mouse is hit & miss, but more miss than hit, and tends to screw up on my 5box setup. I tried increasing fps per screen by 40, and forced foreground but nothing has fixed this :/? I tried looking for a "borderless" option as I heard that might mess it up? However, I've yet to find any such option?

-Clicking a mini-screen for "fast swap" tends to randomly crash a client. Not sure if this is STO being poopy, but it does happy randomly. I can go hours, or minutes, without a crash clicking between screens :P. (I click between a LOT due to mouse-cloning not working properly atm for me)

-During ground combat, my characters tend to NOT want to press their #1 key even when I'm spamming it. I think I've tracked this to SOME setting somewhere within STO as I don't have this issue in space, so I'm not sure what's going on. Was hoping someone here ran into this issue before and found a workaround?

Just my current happenings ^--^. I hope someone has some insight :(. Attaching my xml too for you guys whom are interested to take a peek :)!

ps: I have a fairly beast machine, and each one EASILY holds 40fps (all 5) without issue. Not sure what's causing my problems!
Attachments
MyBoxerToolkit.xml
(45.18 KiB) Downloaded 773 times
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:17 am

Re: Current issues with STO...

Mojoguy01 wrote:-During ground combat, my characters tend to NOT want to press their #1 key even when I'm spamming it. I think I've tracked this to SOME setting somewhere within STO as I don't have this issue in space, so I'm not sure what's going on. Was hoping someone here ran into this issue before and found a workaround?

Having looked at it I am pretty confident this is not something in your ISBoxer setup (which is very basic).

-Cloning the Mouse is hit & miss, but more miss than hit, and tends to screw up on my 5box setup. I tried increasing fps per screen by 40, and forced foreground but nothing has fixed this :/? I tried looking for a "borderless" option as I heard that might mess it up? However, I've yet to find any such option?

All this tells us is it doesn't work. It would help if you explained what does happen. How does it "screw up"?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:53 am

Starting a new thread is equally effective as bumping your existing thread (usually just . Both of your threads show up under Active Topics and I also read the forums via an RSS feed anyway...

One thing I am noticing with your CPU Core selections, they don't seem to be what ISBoxer would have selected through any of the CPU Strategy options. Slots 4 and 5 are both using a logical (fake) core that is not paired with the right physical (real) core. This COULD be related to some performance/stability problems you are experiencing. Try using the CPU Strategy Wizard (from the menu) and allow it to use the default strategy, and see if that helps.

Beyond that, your configuration is fairly basic. If I knew what problem you were having with the mouse I might be able to offer a solution (maybe even a patch to correct it). I need more information about the crash you're getting, any technical details it provides might be useful. I don't know about the 1 thing though, that looks fine in your config and it should definitely be passing each time you press it.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:52 am

lax wrote:Starting a new thread is equally effective as bumping your existing thread (usually just . Both of your threads show up under Active Topics and I also read the forums via an RSS feed anyway...

One thing I am noticing with your CPU Core selections, they don't seem to be what ISBoxer would have selected through any of the CPU Strategy options. Slots 4 and 5 are both using a logical (fake) core that is not paired with the right physical (real) core. This COULD be related to some performance/stability problems you are experiencing. Try using the CPU Strategy Wizard (from the menu) and allow it to use the default strategy, and see if that helps.

Beyond that, your configuration is fairly basic. If I knew what problem you were having with the mouse I might be able to offer a solution (maybe even a patch to correct it). I need more information about the crash you're getting, any technical details it provides might be useful. I don't know about the 1 thing though, that looks fine in your config and it should definitely be passing each time you press it.

When I activate mouse-cloning it normally won't clone itself to 2 or 3 of my windows, and when I try moving it one or two of the cloned mice just disappear or stop cloning themselves unless I move my real mouse over their quick-swap window. Additionally, when I try clicking something with mouse-cloning (like an "Accept" button that's on every single screen) it misses about half of them, or doesn't want to work at all except for my primary screen.

I also changed my CPU-core settings from the default wizard because I was trying to track down a lag issue. It seems I forgot to restore the settings when I found what it was :3.

Finally, it does indeed seem like my ground combat issues are STO related. I'm not sure at all what's going on, but it's very frustrating at times. I'll fiddle with it more today and try to find out just wth is happening lol. Thanks for the replies :3!

[edit]: As for the random freezing. It happens when I try to quick-swap to another screen randomly. When it happens I cannot bring that window back up by clicking on the taskbar, and when I do ctrl+alt+delete the cpu # says "00" like the process is just dead. However, I can still hear music & people walking by from that window. I normally am forced to end that process & start another client back up :/.

ps: Would forcing the game's organization mode to "avoid taskbar" be causing any issues with my mouse?
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Hello :(? It's almost been two days since my post. I was hoping to get these issues sorted before the weekend Q_Q. Is everyone just ungodly busy :c?

-Mojo
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:03 pm

I don't know all that much about STO, and these are probably STO-specific issues. I can probably look into it soon but I can't give an ETA on actual fixes
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:44 pm

lax wrote:I don't know all that much about STO, and these are probably STO-specific issues. I can probably look into it soon but I can't give an ETA on actual fixes

Ok thanks :)! I've got two friends interested in ISBoxer as well simply for STO, but they're unsure as they're hearing about how many problems i'm having :(. Anyways, thanks for the help :D!
<<

Alge

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:46 pm

Mojoguy01 wrote:ps: Would forcing the game's organization mode to "avoid taskbar" be causing any issues with my mouse?[/b]

You are probably in the best situation to answer this. Try it both ways and see if it makes a difference.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:05 am

Alge wrote:
Mojoguy01 wrote:ps: Would forcing the game's organization mode to "avoid taskbar" be causing any issues with my mouse?[/b]

You are probably in the best situation to answer this. Try it both ways and see if it makes a difference.

No, luck here :(. For now, cloning my mouse across all screens (very much needed in STO due to the number of "accept" buttons you have to click while grouped) is going to be an EXTREMELY tedious and slow task. I'm not sure what's going on with them, but even with "Force Foreground" on isboxer I still ocassionally have to over my mouse over each quick-swap window for them to update an action like clicking something etc :/.
<<

Alge

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:09 am

My only other suggestion would be to post on the dual-boxing.com forums. I think the readership there is a little larger and you may find someone who has come across this issue with STO.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/forum.php

Return to Star Trek Online