FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

No longer possible to use ISBoxer with STO?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:57 am

No longer possible to use ISBoxer with STO?

I ask because you can no longer use GameClient.exe to log into the game. They've made it so you HAVE to use the patcher now to login properly. Whenever I attempt to bypass the launcher by using Gameclient.exe the client times out trying to connect to the server when i try to login.

Does ISBoxer work similarly to other Innerspace addons where Innerspace itself HAS to launch the game via the exe, or can I use ISboxer successfully via the launcher?

-Mojo
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:47 am

Re: No longer possible to use ISBoxer with STO?

Inner Space has to launch the game, whether that is through the game's launcher/patcher or directly. Many many games require launching them through their patcher, including Star Wars: The Old Republic for example. I use this example not because I think SWTOR and STO are related, but because the game is brand new, you CANNOT launch it without bypassing the patcher, and the game is 100% supported by ISBoxer.

You should just be able to point Inner Space at the game's launcher, and it should launch one of them at a time for you. When the first launcher closes and the first game instance comes up (because you clicked play or whatever in the launcher), the next launcher can come up.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:24 pm

lax wrote:Inner Space has to launch the game, whether that is through the game's launcher/patcher or directly. Many many games require launching them through their patcher, including Star Wars: The Old Republic for example. I use this example not because I think SWTOR and STO are related, but because the game is brand new, you CANNOT launch it without bypassing the patcher, and the game is 100% supported by ISBoxer.

You should just be able to point Inner Space at the game's launcher, and it should launch one of them at a time for you. When the first launcher closes and the first game instance comes up (because you clicked play or whatever in the launcher), the next launcher can come up.

I'm having a LOT of issues with getting ISBoxer set up for STO :(. Dutch's video doesn't help at all other than show that it IS actually possible. He skips a LOT of steps in getting this stuff setup for first time users :(.

-I can't figure out how to get my mouse to clone properly across all screens, dutch skipped this :(.
-Can't figure out how to get all my screens to pass numberkeys. I followed what little he covered about this from his video, but my keys won't send. I've also tried hitting Shift + Alt + M & R, nothing happens. I even have my 1,2, and 3 keys setup just like he did.
-Dutch also skipped the "add game" part, and I only figured it out because I had to ask here hehe xD!

I have quite a few friends wanting to multi-box the crap out of STO now that it's free, but there REALLY isn't any documentation whatsoever :(, and dutch's video feels half-assed. Mo offense hopefully to Dutch D:!

-Mojo (goes off to fiddle with ISBoxer some more)

ps: Is it possible to make updates to ISBoxer's keymaps, settings, etc & update them to innerspace while all 5 of my accounts are already being run by Innerspace? thanks :)!

[edit]: I'm now noticing that when I press the #3 button my other toons will ONLY press the #3 button IF I click them into focus. What's that about :(?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:50 pm

... okay, so did you get it to launch the game then?

Regardless of whether or not you follow someone's STO-specific guide, you should follow the Quick Start (or one click in is the Quick Start Guide for all games, which does cover all of the following without being game-specific:
-I can't figure out how to get my mouse to clone properly across all screens, dutch skipped this :(.
-Can't figure out how to get all my screens to pass numberkeys. I followed what little he covered about this from his video, but my keys won't send. I've also tried hitting Shift + Alt + M & R, nothing happens. I even have my 1,2, and 3 keys setup just like he did.
-Dutch also skipped the "add game" part, and I only figured it out because I had to ask here hehe xD!

People usually will skip what is specifically covered by the Quick Setup Guide and Quick Setup Wizard when producing their own guide. :)

To tell you why nothing happens if you press Shift+Alt+M or Shift+Alt+R, I would have to see your configuration. (HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support) If you didn't use the Quick Setup Wizard for example, those hotkeys might not exist. It'd be quickest to just go to File, Clear, run the Quick Setup Wizard and leave it at mostly default settings, then Export. At that point to toggle broadcasting of every button and mouse movement you hit Shift+Alt+R.

ps: Is it possible to make updates to ISBoxer's keymaps, settings, etc & update them to innerspace while all 5 of my accounts are already being run by Innerspace? thanks :)!

yes, just Export to Inner Space and your changes will automatically activate
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:14 pm

lax wrote:... okay, so did you get it to launch the game then?

Regardless of whether or not you follow someone's STO-specific guide, you should follow the Quick Start (or one click in is the Quick Start Guide for all games, which does cover all of the following without being game-specific:

People usually will skip what is specifically covered by the Quick Setup Guide and Quick Setup Wizard when producing their own guide. :)

To tell you why nothing happens if you press Shift+Alt+M or Shift+Alt+R, I would have to see your configuration. (HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support) If you didn't use the Quick Setup Wizard for example, those hotkeys might not exist. It'd be quickest to just go to File, Clear, run the Quick Setup Wizard and leave it at mostly default settings, then Export. At that point to toggle broadcasting of every button and mouse movement you hit Shift+Alt+R.

yes, just Export to Inner Space and your changes will automatically activate

Ok, so I "think" i got it working "roughly" anyways. My problem right now is that ISboxer doesn't have a built in follow command for StarTrek Online :(, and STO does NOT have a built in /followtarget key. So following my main character in space is a tad bit rough.

Additionally, it's REALLY hard to get assisting to work right. Every time you "assist" something in STO you lose your previous target. So, after each target I'm forced to hit F2 again (currently the 1st person in the team, hopefully is SquadLEader [main]) in order to kill something I want hehe.

[edit]: I'm also experiencing keylosses. Some windows will have a key sent to them, and some won't get a key at all. Each screen is running around 30fps D:! I have a fairly beast computer, but I'm not sure if lag is the issue? A LOT of times I have to click on one of the screens for them to actually use a queued up hotkey. Any idea what that is about :/?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:00 pm

A LOT of times I have to click on one of the screens for them to actually use a queued up hotkey. Any idea what that is about :/?

Make sure the checkbox for "Make game believe it is foreground window " is checked in your Character Set.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:48 pm

Alge wrote:
A LOT of times I have to click on one of the screens for them to actually use a queued up hotkey. Any idea what that is about :/?

Make sure the checkbox for "Make game believe it is foreground window " is checked in your Character Set.

Yea, I did that but they're still lagging a bit behind. I'm not quite sure just yet what that's about :/.

Speaking of which, any idea if ISBoxer has a "follow" or "assist" command that I can use for STO? I noticed WoW does, but I'm unsure if that's a WoW specific mod or not :/. StarTrek's Assist & Follow systems SUCK :<.
<<

tanker

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:53 pm

No, ISBoxer doesn't have a follow/assist function. You are stuck with what the game provides.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:09 pm

Speaking of which, any idea if ISBoxer has a "follow" or "assist" command that I can use for STO? I noticed WoW does, but I'm unsure if that's a WoW specific mod or not :/. StarTrek's Assist & Follow systems SUCK :<.

See: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1941&start=0
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:20 pm

Thanks for the info :)!

Btw, new problem that has cropped up. When I set "Spacebar" as a universal keymap none of my characters will jump, but they WILL fire all their weapons when i use spacebar. Likewise, they won't all SPRINT when I hit the key to sprint for them (shift), and my main won't use shift either. It's like the keypress is being skipped on my main :/.

[edit]: It also seems that my PRIMARY window in focus is NOT using keymaps, but my foregrounds are. Any idea what that's about :/?
Next

Return to Star Trek Online