Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:07 am

Is STO Software boxable?

Or does one need multiple machines?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:14 am

Re: Is STO Software boxable?

Yes, you can multibox STO on one PC with ISBoxer, in fact the tutorial video that Ditch made shows it on one PC.
<<

Perrigrin

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Thanks!

Set it up according to the video - but one problem....

It wont work in the "fullscreen windowed" mode - that will actually take it to full screen.
going windowed seems to work ok, except that it looks like crap.

Exactly how is the game set up in the video?

Which EXE is it pointing to? I can imagine some of the issue is that it's pointed to the patcher not the game exe (which I cant find)
<<

Perrigrin

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:29 pm

So, pointing it to the patcher "Star Trek Online.exe" it wont run in the windows as managed by isboxer.

Potining it to the "GameClient.exe" it wont connect to the server (stuck at connecting to account server until it times out).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:55 pm

It should work either way. You may need to switch to the development (test) build of Inner Space. To do so, right click the IS icon in the system tray and select Patcher. Then check the box that says "Download development (test) patches", close and restart IS.

If it still doesn't work, it's likely due to other software running on your PC that happens to interfere. It could be security-related software. I've also heard of people having issues when using custom window managers
<<

Perrigrin

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:08 pm

Well, it's wierd - tried the development version now with the same result.

Log in, all looks right, until in the middle of the Atari screen progress bar - when it suddenly changes the window from the "IS" assigned region to full screen - If I alt tab to another application it nicely puts both STO windows at the bottom of my screen as they should - But when activating one of the instances it goes fullscreen instead of just the "IS region"...
<<

Perrigrin

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:38 pm

Exact same behaviour on 2 different machines, windows 7 & vista - different anti virus, nothing special installed...
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:55 pm

Oh.

In your Character Set, make sure to check the box that says prevent the game from moving the window.
<<

Ditch

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:38 pm

lax wrote:Oh.

In your Character Set, make sure to check the box that says prevent the game from moving the window.

Lax,

After you pointed this out, I realized that when I did the edit to put the final video together I'd selected an incomplete version of that process. Yes, those two options are set and would like to update the video with the correct section. I've uploaded the corrected version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LjXOUc

I've made a note on the existing linked Youtube video to refer to the corrected version.

Sorry for the mix up, I'm still really new to putting video's together and end up doing a number of edits that I've tried to script with all the details.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:06 am

The last minor update to ISBoxer 34 should have added STO to the list of games in the drop-down for the Quick Setup Wizard, and if selected will automatically enable the two options in the Character Set screen. I wonder if he picked Other in the list?
Next

Return to Star Trek Online