FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

main window freeze

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mmmbox

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:59 pm

main window freeze

Hi,

been strugling setting up 5 box, all is working pretty good untill combat then main windows will freeze (and has to be killed hard way).

Funny thing is that the 4 other game windows seems to be running fine untill i click them, one by one they all freeze when i click on them ie swapping to main window.

i managed to repete this on 2 computers, even when running just one instance it will after sometime freeze.

i have tried some troubleshooting and it seems i can duplicate it when i use the hotbuttons i have setup.

otherwise it seems to be running "fine" i have no problem setting 5 game instance up on one computer, unfortunately the freeze makes it somewhat anoying.

i have a geforce 590 gtx dual core perhaps there is an incompatibility with that g-card, i run EVE, aion, wow, just fine, but STO seems to have issues.

othervise thanks for a good product
<<

mmmbox

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Re: main window freeze

Ok some update.

the main window freeze is tied to "Mapped Keys" somehow, it doesn't like if main window is included in the "Hotkey" setup.

some of my "Hotkey's" had "Window:All w/ Current" when those were used thats when the main window would eventually freeze.

My work around is set all "Hotkey's" to "Window:All w/o Current" i.e. nothing get's sent to the main window, a bit of a hassle tbh but now I can play at least.

5 boxing STO is hillarious, all ships on follow and assist then you just fly around and shoot stuff it's scary easy since you have autofire all you have to do is fly around.

only anoying part is that Space Encounters scale with no of players, 5 is the max group composition tho.

Lax i know STO is not your primary focus and thats ok, but with the info i have provided do you have any clue as to my problems?

this has been repoduced on 2 comps both with Nvidia gcards tho not the same ones.
<<

mmmbox

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:38 pm

and as a last point (what i can see) its tied to moving the mouse cursor at the same time.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:21 am

The only reason anything should "freeze" because of some Mapped Key, is if you have an infinite loop created via a Do Mapped Key Action.

For example, if you have a mapped key called DPS 1, and then you use a Do Mapped Key Action set to do DPS 1, then it's never going to stop and will likely freeze.

I need to see your configuration (see "How to share your configuration" sticky), and know what key(s) you're hitting, if you want me to help track that down
<<

mmmbox

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:00 pm

thanks for answering.

I will ofc not subscribe to being pro isboxer user but what i know covers my 5 boxing wow, 7boxing eve onilne etc.

1 - if i for example make a hot key for STO saying when i press key X it sends key Y, if i make that kind of button and inclue send to all and happen to for example move the mouse at the same time the main window will freeze.

2 - to get around that i tried to make all my important buttons include a "shift" or "alt" combo, ie, when i press X it sends "shift y" the other windows do not register the "shift" part, ironically it recives an upper case Y but the "shift" or "alt" signal gets lost, ofc if i press the combo locally it works

3 - i removed all keymaps and white/blacklist just to test simple keyboard repeat (not mouse) it would send 1-2 key presses then it would stop sending, if i then clicked each windows keyb repeat would work for 1-2 key presses but then stop, OBS on the main windows it was np, but on the 4 slave windows it didnt work.

As I said I will not subscribe to being ISboxer pro and by now my work around is to make sure anything i do is only sent to the slaves not the main window and it kinda works pretty good due to the way STO works with alot of automation.

I have tested this on 2 separate computers, with all clients on one pc but also splitting the clients between 2 comps and i run into the same problems how ever i do this and the freeze is pretty malign where i have to kill the process in the task manager.

Still ISboxer is a pretty nifty tool for 5 boxing STO but thats more because of how easy sto's user interface is.

Lastly this might be due to some compatible issue with my pc's and since i found workarounds im pretty content and i fully understand STO wont recive the same attention as f ex WoW ;)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:32 am

i fully understand STO wont recive the same attention as f ex WoW

My business model doesn't revolve around WoW. To make money, I support a lot of games... including Champions Online and Star Trek Online... if they had features that compared to WoW -- especially a programmable Addon system that supports both making macros and setting Hotkeys -- they could have the same features in ISBoxer that WoW has, they just don't. Even games that support programmable Addons, like Lord of the Rings Online and even Rift, don't provide both the ability to create a macro and the ability to bind it to a hotkey.

To help you with this issue, it would really help me to see your configuration, with a mapped key that will cause the issue you are describing. For instructions how to show it to me, see the "How to share your configuration" post at the top of each forum section.

If the problem isn't apparent from your config I will need to try to duplicate it in the game, which I can't do until I get home in a few days.
<<

bdsmith

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:49 pm

I have to say I am having the same experience. I have done both a single and a 3 pc setup, with the similar experience as mmmbox. The game will freeze and require a task manager reset. I have cleared ISBoxer and started from a scratch configuration and added two key maps. One that only sends to the slave windows, and one that sends to all. The first key map never freezes any window. The second will either freeze the main window or shutdown the slave window. Also, when I utilize the repeater mode, sometimes the keys don't send until I move the mouse over the slave window. In this last case, I don't have to click on the slave window, just run it over the window.

As far as the modifier key being stripped, I don't believe this is an ISBoxer issue, as the reason I even looked into ISBoxer was due to my previous configuration using InputDirector exhibited the same issue after the patch earlier this week. I did a major overhaul of my keybinds at the same time, so I can't be sure, but both ISBoxer and InputDirector's modifier keys are dropped unless I input the modifier directly on the client window.
<<

cicerone

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:10 pm

This is something that started only recently with Cryptic games, within the last two months. STO and CO use the same engine so I'm not surprised we're all having the same problem. I've been dual-boxing, trio-boxing and penta-boxing on CO using this software for over a year and never experienced this problem until July. I can't find a workaround and it's made multiboxing impossible.

Regardless of how many instances of the game I'm running (2, 3, or 5) I get the main window to freeze up roughly once every seven minutes. And each time, it's just as these guys explained, I have to use task manager to close out of the game. I've tried adjusting settings on IS Boxer. I've tried different graphical settings. Nothing is working.

In the past, the only time an instance crashed was because of too many draw calls (graphical overload) on one of the secondary windows...NEVER on the main window. Plus, this would only happen when I was penta-boxing. But this recent problem is independent of graphics settings or how many instances of the game I'm running, although I have noticed it tends to happen mostly in combat.

Since the issue coincides with Cryptic's recent server upgrade, I wonder if something on their end is incompatible with the lavish software now. At any rate, the sooner we can find a way to fix this, the sooner I can get back to running end-game dungeons with my five-man team of robotic space ninjas. :D

Thanks in advance for any help.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:30 am

Inner Space build 5471 should fix the freeze issue, this is now the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, right click IS in the system tray, select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space.

Let me know if this helps :)
<<

bdsmith

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:08 am

While it is definately better, there have still been a few freezes of the main character. Also, on one of my boxes, mouse input sometimes native fails and the only way to get it back is to restart the client. There could be many reasons for the latter. It is currently on XP and I will be installing Win7 on it next week to see if that helps as it only happens on that computer and that is the only one with XP.

Regarding the freezes, I played for about 2 hours last night and the main froze twice on me. Both times while in combat so it might be the amount of key inputs overflowing a buffer.
Next

Return to Star Trek Online