FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

CO windows not responding to sent commands.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jimthev

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:17 am

CO windows not responding to sent commands.

Since Champions Online and STO are basically the same program, I figure this is the place for the report.

If I make instances of CO, the non-main windows don't respond to sent commands unless I either move the mouse over their own small windows or switch to any other window.

So, if I make 3 instances and #1 is the main one.

Work around #1
1. send command to all other windows and no window receives it.
2. mouse over the small window for #2 and it will respond to the command but #3 wont.
3. mouse over the small window for #3 and then it will respond to the command.

Work around #2
1. send command to all other windows and no window receives it.
2. mouse over the small window for #2 and it will respond to the command but #3 wont.
3. click on small window #2 which brings it to the main area, then #3 will respond to the command.

This is all done with a simple single character command and done on the login page for CO in XP with the latest ISBoxer and IS (5640) or beta IS (5641). I can't test under Win 7 right now.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:32 am

Re: CO windows not responding to sent commands.

Try checking the box in your Character Set that says "Make game believe it is foreground window"
<<

jimthev

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:12 pm

I had the flag "make game believe it is foreground window" set for my character set(s) already.

But, when this flag is off, there is no cursor in the background windows.

In both cases, the small windows still don't respond to commands unless I mouse over them or switch to any other foreground window.

If I do mouse over one then it responds to all the stored up commands even though there is no cursor. If I then make that one the foreground window, all remaining small windows then respond to the commands that I had been sending.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:37 pm

I'll check it out asap, thanks for the details
<<

cicerone

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:41 pm

I've been experiencing the same problem as OP ever since Cryptic upgraded their servers to accommodate Vivox three weeks ago (June 29th). I don't know what additional tweaks came along with this server upgrade (apart from micro-patching) but it was riddled with glitches from the getgo. I sorta figured that after Cryptic addressed the bugs on their end, ISBoxer would work properly again, but there's been no change.

Apart from having the keystroke broadcasting issue, I've also noticed that when one of my multiboxing accounts crashes, inner space is unable to quickly quarantine the crash and launch a new instance of that character. Plus, it's crashing A LOT more these days.

Thanks for looking into this, Lax. I know this game isn't a big money maker for you, but I have been promoting your software regularly on a podcast I do for Champions Online.

Muchas gracias!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:09 pm

Sorry guys I have been out of town for a few days on business and have not had the time or the right PCs at my disposal to take care of this. I'll check it out sometime in the next couple days as I get caught up; thanks for the info
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:57 am

Just to give a little update here, I have been working on tracking this down in Champions Online. Their system is slightly different than most (obviously... that's why it doesn't work right with IS ;) ) so it's just taking some time to discover how it is ignoring the "lock foreground" setting. I should have an Inner Space patch soon to solve it, though
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:32 pm

Aaaaaaand we have a winner. Inner Space build 5463 is now available and fixes this issue. Enjoy :)

Related notes for anyone reading this thread later on: Make game believe it is foreground window is indeed needed for STO and CO. This option configured in your Character Set. ISBoxer 39, coming later this week, will have Champions Online selectable during the Quick Setup Wizard to automatically enable this option for you. STO is already there in ISBoxer 38.
<<

cicerone

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Thanks, lax! That was a really quick response and it seems to have fixed the problem. I was able to dual-box last night and my keystrokes were all broadcasting properly.

I was going to try penta-boxing too, but there's still something unstable with the game. Again, I think it has more to do with their server upgrade than anything, but I went through the tutorial dual-boxing and had my main window crash over a dozen times. That's way above normal...and usually it's not the main window, it's one of the other four. I'm going to keep looking into this, but if jimthev or anyone else is experiencing this too, please let me know. Thanks.
<<

jimthev

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:40 pm

It works great, thanks for the excellent support for the outlying games and hardware. I have been able to run 5 clients on one box but it isn't very stable due to my lack of top notch hardware. I can run 3 without issue and rarely run 4 on one box. Whenever I use 5 clients 'for real', I use multiple computers. Multiple boxes is really only usable again now that broadcasting is working great again.
Next

Return to Star Trek Online