FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Runes Of Magic - Update Macros?!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Euhemerus

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:29 pm

Runes Of Magic - Update Macros?!

Hi all, I really want to get back into my 4 PC multibox setup that I used to play with on WOW.
BUT! due to lack of funds have gone to Runes of Magic, just to find no-one can come up with the macros for the simplest of simplest, like follow & assist.
What´s the score?! does it not support this game anymore?! if so maybe remove from list of supported games?!
I loved your software from way back when no-one even knew what multiboxing was, but it´s as good as a brick to me if I can't use it :-(
Hope all goes well, GL n Njoy all, Take care.... ;-)
If it looks like a murloc, sounds like a murloc & swims like a murloc, then you probably just got gargled n squashed by a Murloc.
Runetotem / Tyrande 6 Box
<<

Kaische

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:43 am

Re: Runes Of Magic - Update Macros?!

I have never played RoM but... if they changed the ingame macros you shouldn't ask in this forum but rather in one of the official forums.

It took me about 10 seconds to google and 2 more seconds to narrow the search down to ony hits from the last month.

I think this is what you are looking for: Runes of Magic short cut keys
<<

Euhemerus

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:44 am

Nice input Kaische,
but... RoM does not allow key presses to be input into macros; and the shortcuts, are, well, just that, shortcuts.
Maybe if you google again for working updated macros, or the command string, for follow and assist I would praise you to the four winds & beyond.
Thanx for the response, but I honestly think I hit a dead end with ISBoxer & RoM.
If it looks like a murloc, sounds like a murloc & swims like a murloc, then you probably just got gargled n squashed by a Murloc.
<<

Euhemerus

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:49 am

On another note, if there is anyone who has knowledge of LUA 5.1?!
This is what RoM works over, maybe someone can tell me a workaround like: focus friendly/interact/move to loacation or similar, I dont have a clue about LUA :?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 am

Euhemerus wrote:Nice input Kaische,
but... RoM does not allow key presses to be input into macros; and the shortcuts, are, well, just that, shortcuts.
Maybe if you google again for working updated macros, or the command string, for follow and assist I would praise you to the four winds & beyond.
Thanx for the response, but I honestly think I hit a dead end with ISBoxer & RoM.

I think you're missing Kaische's point, which was that you came here to complain about ISBoxer, but then your complaint is really about RoM and you seem to not realize it. Your ability to follow or assist in the game is unrelated to your ability to actually use the features of ISBoxer.

Obviously it would be helpful to be able to follow or assist, but that's a matter of gameplay... some games don't even have these things available in the first place. If that's the end of the road for you then fine, but a "supported game" doesn't mean that I can explain to Euhemerus how to follow and assist in the game, it means the features of ISBoxer work correctly for the game... which to my knowledge they do.

In most games you don't need to set up macros in order to follow or assist. Most games have configurable key bindings that allow you to target your party members (e.g. F1 through F5) and another to assist your current target, and another to follow your current target. I can't think of many MMOs without this capability. If Runes of Magic has those capabilities, you can use them with ISBoxer, without configuring macros in the game (which is apparently difficult to do). There's even a video about setting it up (the video covers EQ2 and LOTRO, but this should be roughly the same as those 2 games). See Common modifications: The game's Key Bindings for info.
<<

Euhemerus

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi Lax,
First I have heard from a staff member over the past 4 days in forums, & chat, in regards to my ignorance of getting the most basic of: "follow & assist macros" to work in RoM.
I did not miss Kaische's point at all. I DID NOT come here to complain, my original post stated:

- - - " I loved your software from way back when no-one even knew what multiboxing was, but it´s as good as a brick to me if I can't use it " - - -

I stick to & will update this statement, but I have been asking for help, for a solution, for 4 days and still no joy, just want to make it work so I can pay you & get on with whatever I want to.

Whatsmyname also asked for the same thing: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2722&p=13659&sid=b3e1410bfcc346c964f92b393ecbae7c#p13659
That was posted on a FRIDAY in AUGUST, No-one helped or posted on there, bet he had a great weekend experience multiboxing :cry:

I will instantly pay the subscription for years to come IF, someone, ANYONE, hears my plight for HELP ! to get my multiboxed accounts to Assist & Follow via IsBoxer in RoM, I dont care about anything else !!!

CHALLENGE :

find a way to make characters follow and assist in RoM using IsBoxer. If that happens, paste me a link to signup for 4 years, 2 years per macro you help me get to work with your software (at this rate you would be a millionaire) or is this your intentions?!

P.S. I would have thought to get a more constructive feedback towards old & possibly returning customers.

If it sounds like a Murloc, Looks like a Murloc & Swims like a Murloc... It Is A MURLOC !!! - - - If you cannot use it, & cant get anyone else to help you use it, CHANGE IT FOR A BRICK, it's more usefull !!! - - -
<<

Euhemerus

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:50 pm

I am currently looking into the link you posted on Common modifications: The game's Key Bindings.
I am already confused and juggernauted at the first paragraphs.
Who knows, maybe a NooB like me can jus noob thru & get it to work, but feeling sodden through the process.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:17 pm

The random colors and formatting in your post make it hard to read, just for future reference.

Euhemerus wrote:I am currently looking into the link you posted on Common modifications: The game's Key Bindings.
I am already confused and juggernauted at the first paragraphs.
Who knows, maybe a NooB like me can jus noob thru & get it to work, but feeling sodden through the process.

Luckily there is a video that demonstrates the whole thing, right there next to the words.

I will instantly pay the subscription for years to come IF, someone, ANYONE, hears my plight for HELP ! to get my multiboxed accounts to Assist & Follow via IsBoxer in RoM, I dont care about anything else !!!

I did a quick Google search just now to see if I could find hotkeys. I googled for... runes of magic hotkeys. I found this page: http://freetoplaymmorpgs.com/runes-of-magic/runes-of-magic-hot-keys which seems to indicate that the hotkey for Assist is /, the hotkey for Follow is F, and that you can target your party members with F1 through F6. This is all of the information you need in order to follow and assist any of your guys from any window, the same way as is done in nearly every game ISBoxer users play.

You're just making the whole thing more frustrating and confusing for yourself by asking about macros, when all you need is something built into the game's UI.
<<

Cajule

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:48 am

Maybe I posted an answer in another thread, but the same applies.

I haven't tried using this with IB but I indend on it here in the near future. Maybe you should take a look at DIYCE http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=65376
I only hold the hands for a select few, but I claim them on my taxes. Semper Fi

Return to Runes of Magic