FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fixed: keys not working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu May 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Fixed: keys not working

Inner Space build 5624 should restore full compatibility with Runes of Magic. (Specifically, this build fixed an issue with movement keys and Action Bar buttons not operating correctly unless Key Mapped.)

Build 5624 is currently the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.
<<

MysticCoder

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Re: Fixed: keys not working

Outstanding :-) Thank you Lax for the fix.. Whoot.

I've been playing ROM with the new fix and noticed one minor issue. When using the movement keys, the auto-repeat of the movement keys stops when the mouse is moved. This sometimes happens after the character moves a few steps or a bunch of steps.

To reproduce the problem I hold down the "W" key then after a few steps wiggle the mouse back and forth. Invariably the character will stop moving until I release and depress the "W" key again.

I've tried to see if there is any correlation with what the mouse is going over at the time or if it's tied to what may be on my screen under the game. But haven't found any patterns. It's simply the mouse movement that interrupts the repeating of the movement keys.

I hope the above helps diagnose the issue :-)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:46 am

I'll definitely check that out, thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:05 am

Build 5627 (new development build) should fix the issue with broadcasted movement breaking.

Also, remember to use auto-follow to move around together, generally. :P
<<

MysticCoder

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:47 am

Hello Lax,

I'm currently running Build 5642 and it still seems to have the issue where the broadcasted movement breaking when the mouse moves.

FYI: I tested this with a couple new character sets I built with the latest isBoxer wizard (the first with only one character, the second with two characters) and my existing character sets with 6 characters. They behave in the same way. It doesn't matter how fast the mouse is moved or what region on the screen or whether there's a mouse-over function.

If any details about my system will be of help, please let me know.

Keep up the great work... this is by far the best multiboxing tool ever :-)

Return to Runes of Magic