FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help troubleshooting ROM/Innerspace .exe errors

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Qwerty

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:31 am

Help troubleshooting ROM/Innerspace .exe errors

Hi! I need some help on a couple of issues.

First is related to Innerspace/ISboxer launching the ROM clients. I run 6 clients and it generally works flawlessly, however, occasionally when I'm "Launching" the games a few clients will load, innerspace will lock up and the only way to fix it is to end the Innerspace process in task manager, close all the clients and start again. It never crashes on the same number of clients (sometimes it will be loading second, sometimes 5th, etc) and it happens right after a restart as often as after 3-4 hours of boxing. Eg. the 1st, 2nd and 3rd clients all load fine. Client 4 will run, I click through the patch screen as per usual, the client will load but there is no watermark with the Innerspace info and the client doesn't lose it's "frame" and position properly into it's region . . . after which Innerspace is always locked up.

Second is related to ROM client crashes. Mainly, is there any way to recover after a single client crashes without having to shut down all 6 clients and re-launch?

Great software, by the way. I have a feeling the issues are mostly related to the clunky ROM client.
Thanks in advance for your help!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Help troubleshooting ROM/Innerspace .exe errors

If you need to relaunch one window for any reason, launch your Character Set again, and the missing window(s) will be filled in.

As far as IS locking up during launch, that's an interesting one. InnerSpace.exe pretty much just idles after it initially launches the process (in this case, the RoM patcher), assuming it gets the memo that the process launched. If it doesn't, then it may appear to be frozen for 60 seconds before it times out and produces an error message. Have you tried letting it sit for a minute to see what it does? It isn't going to magically make the game work, but this would help me track down the problem.
<<

Qwerty

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:00 pm

That was a quick response!

I've just updated to the latest version of ISBoxer and I haven't had the launching issue since . . fingers crossed!

I had no idea you could just re-launch the same set and it would fill in the extra window. The amount of time I've wasted closing everything and starting again ><

Cheers for the help, I'll post again if I have any more launch issues.

:D
<<

Qwerty

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:37 pm

OK, Round 2 :P

Since I updated to the new version of ISBoxer I the random load errors seem to be working fine, but I have a new problem. I can load and play fine for a while, then random clients will simply close for no apparent reason. No error message, nothing. I'm not sure if this is an internal ROM client error or something to do with ISBoxer, Is there a way to log what's causing the clients to shut down?

Edit -
I just had the launch crash happen again. I left the clients and Innerspace alone for 10+ minutes and it was still crashed.
<<

Qwerty

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi again,

The locking up on launch issue is still occurring. Could you let me know how to log the error so I can post something useful? I don't know if it's RoM, Innerspace or something in my config.

Thanks!
<<

ziggysnorkel

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:46 am

It's not just you who has this problem. I too have had this problem for about a month and half or so. I will try to load my character set of 6 players, and maybe 1 or 2 will load and then innerspace will stop launching the rest of the characters.

I know Innerspace stops working because the most recent window(instance) launched does not have it's window borders removed and doesn't get shifted into the appropriate section of my monitor (as I had setup in the window layout).

My only way of working around this is to force quit innerspace in task manager when part of my character set is loaded. Launch innerspace again, and launch my character set again. This will then load the remaining instances of the game for the left over characters in my character set. I hope this helps.

BTW, what server are you on? There are a couple multiboxers on Osha.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:52 am

Just so I'm clear on this, you're launching the ROM launcher via IS/ISBoxer and it locks when you click Launch Game and the new window comes up? Or are you launching the client directly with NoCheckVersion? or what?

Also what version of Windows are you on?
<<

ziggysnorkel

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:53 am

Im running Windows 7 64. I launch using Innerspace. I have encountered the problem using the default exe that Innerspace detects for Runes of Magic as well as the client.exe (with NoCheckVersion parameter).

When I launch via Innerspace, the launcher comes up, I click Start, and then the game window will go to the resolution that I set and Character 1's position (on window layout). Frequently, the loading will stop there and Innerspace is stuck, too. So I have to force quit Innerspace through task manager, relaunch Innerspace, and then try to launch the remaining characters in my characer set.

The game is still playable through Innerspace, but it gets frustrating at times, especially because the game itself crashes a lot (and upon reloading part or all of my characters, Innerspace sometimes locks up again).

Return to Runes of Magic