FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW 7.0 (Legion) support, new ISBoxer changes coming

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:19 pm

WoW 7.0 (Legion) support, new ISBoxer changes coming

It's been awhile since we posted in the Announcements forum, so here's a fresh one :)

First of all, WoW 7.0 (Legion) pre-expansion update is here. ISBoxer Addon still works fine, in fact the only update needed is the interface version number in the .toc file -- you can simply set WoW to load "out of date" addons for now. I am rolling that update in with other important changes to ISBoxer, expected to be released as ISBoxer 42 in a matter of days (next week?)

So here's a quick taste of what else we're doing...

As you can see in the above image, our beloved standard Key Maps from ISBoxer 41 and earlier (Always On, Combat, Non-combat) are gone. Now we have...
* ISB42 - Always On: The new "Always On"
* ISB42 - Base Hotkeys: Hotkeys that don't belong in Always On, but are not Combat Broadcast Hotkeys. This includes hotkeys for Follow, Assist, Interact with Target, invite team, formations, etc.
* ISB42 - Party: Shown in detail in the screenshot, all of the different methods of Follow, Assist, or Interact with Target are implemented.
* ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys: The Hotkeys for broadcasting the standard 1 through = (with or without auto-assist) are all configured here.
* ISB42 - Combat Broadcast: The actual broadcasting for the standard 1 through = keys is handled here. This split allows us to integrate better with the Standard Menu (which makes it possible to click to broadcast these keys), including making it much easier to turn on or off the hotkeys and/or the Menu.
* ISB42 - WoW: All WoW-specific mappings (except those under Party...) have been placed in this WoW-specific Key Map. Non-WoW players won't need to worry about this :)

Along with the new Key Maps, the Quick Setup Wizard's Config Style page is getting reworked to support them. With the old system, the QSW generated custom versions of the Key Map based on your selections in the wizard. This introduced unnecessary confusion, because the custom Key Maps needed different names, and to be assigned to different Character Sets, and so on. With the new system, the Key Maps are intended to be universal. Instead of creating custom Key Maps, the wizard will just configure settings on your Character Set -- Virtual Mapped Keys. Here's an example of how that might look for a WoW team:
This new system also allows us to do some other useful things... Notice that there's both "Assist Me" and "Auto-Assist Me". Combat Broadcast will attempt to use "Auto-Assist Me"; if assist is not wanted automatically when you press 1 through =, it can be disabled by changing the option here. Likewise, an "Auto-Interact with Target" can be used to painlessly add IWT. And Virtual Mapped Keys can all be changed on the fly -- so auto-assist and auto-IWT can be enabled or disabled on demand. For games where we typically use party-based targeting (e.g. press F3, then a button to assist the target), adding or removing party members can break everything -- it should be very easy to adjust follow/assist to instead assist a specific main character or the party leader, on the fly/as needed.

On to the Standard Menu. Depending on your selection in ISB41's QSW, the Hotkeys for broadcasting were either put directly in the "Combat" Key Map, or directly on the Standard Menu. This made it unnecessarily difficult to change your mind after using the wizard; if you simply hide the Menu, the broadcasting went away unless specifically added... With the new system, the actual Hotkeys are placed only in "ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys" Key Map, and the Menu instead executes from "ISB42 - Combat Broadcast" the same way as the Hotkeys do. This means that if you don't want the Menu, it can be hidden or removed with no consequence the broadcasting Hotkeys, and if you decide you do want the Menu, it can be shown, again with no consequence.

There's more (hey Lax, what does the revamped Config Style page look like?!) but that's the important bits for now; Stay tuned for ISBoxer 42!

And yes, ISBoxer 2 is still on the way. But ISBoxer 1 is not going away! :)

Questions or other feedback is welcome and encouraged, thanks!
<<

Malixk

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:41 am

Re: WoW 7.0 (Legion) support, new ISBoxer changes coming

nice nice! But how long is your week? :lol: been 8 days now? And how do i update it, when that time comes? :oops:

Should we do the wizard agian to make sure things works? Start over?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:09 am

Malixk wrote:nice nice! But how long is your week? :lol: been 8 days now?

You should do standup! ;)

Seriously though, I have been working on Inner Space updates to resolve game-breaking issues (e.g. http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8013). MiRai also asked me to slow down a little so he can prepare a video at the same time.

And how do i update it, when that time comes? :oops:

Should we do the wizard agian to make sure things works? Start over?

When the update is ready, just launching ISBoxer Toolkit will pop up an update window, and you just click the button to update.

After doing the ISBoxer update you do not need to make any changes to "make sure things work" -- you still have your existing configuration and it will be unaffected by the changes. The changes only affect new teams made with the Quick Setup Wizard.
<<

Malixk

Post Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:58 am

I see, i see, ofc that would take pri. We cant have thous poor bastards not be able to play :)

MiRai also asked me to slow down a little so he can prepare a video at the same time.

Oh aint he a snicky and cunning one, and so clever 8-)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:50 am

Folks in the ISBoxer Beta Testers group (instructions to join: http://isboxer.com/wiki/ISBoxer_Beta) can now access ISBoxer 42 beta: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8028

Here's a new screenshot for you:
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:57 pm

In the ISBoxer 42 Beta, the Quick Setup Wizard and Window Layout Wizard now include a "Use Video FX" option which will automatically set up your Character Set with DxNothing and use Video FX to show your small windows instead of shrinking actual game windows! This makes Video FX more convenient to use while still keeping a useful Window Layout.

To use the new option, just use Add Game to add DxNothing.exe to Inner Space first! DxNothing.exe is found in your Inner Space install folder.

Return to Announcements