FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DirectX11 support now available

Moderator: MiRai

<<

crazedfred

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:21 am

Re: DirectX11 support now in public testing!

Just posting to note that the DX11 update for WoW (as per instructions above) gave significant performance upgrades.
<<

chuvakuhn

Post Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:45 am

I just installed a new Radeon 5870 card and the test patch(1.11 Build 5338) to try out the new DX11 feature for LOTRO. Tested the game outside of InnerSpace to verify that DX11 is working. When I launched the game with InnerSpace, the first instance remained in windowed mode and the second launcher window never appears. Am I missing something? Both profile settings are 'TurbineLauncher.exe -usetdm -invoker'.
<<

ZorbaTheGeek

Post Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:18 am

Experimenting today (Trying to make Quad layout with 4 windows rendered at 5248x1050). Main on eyefinity card, 3xSlave on secondary card window size 1600x400 all in DX11.

This has no chance of success, right? DX11 build of IS does not support multiple display adaptors, it's a vast amount of rendered pixels, and due to the microscopic nature of the three toons on card two I need to swap so performance will be awful.

So I begun my experiment expecting disaster (and the sub 15FPs I've had before when getting the config for multiple adaptors wrong)

Well.. To my surprise it works perfectly, instant swap, mouse broadcast, everything and without making any changes to the WoW profiles in Innerspace config. 60FPS on whatever display I choose to swap in (with the other 3 viewported down by a macro at swap). Did something change in WoW, DX11 or IS that effects the "Session rendered by card it starts on rule"?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:42 am

DX11 build of IS does not support multiple display adaptors

You're playing WoW, the monitor selection option in WoW works fine! (above the multisampling option, to the right of the resolution option)

Did something change in WoW, DX11 or IS that effects the "Session rendered by card it starts on rule"?

Nope, and to clarify for anyone else that reads this, the rule is that the session is rendered by the card that is explicitly selected for it when Direct3D is initialized. The position of the window is irrelevant.

It might be related to EyeFinity and/or the drivers supporting it, though. If you left them all set to primary monitor, the EyeFinity is doing all of the rendering and it's a matter of getting the front buffer over to the second monitor to display it. It sounds like the EyeFinity setup might be handling that better than other setups.
<<

ZorbaTheGeek

Post Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:50 pm

lax wrote:You're playing WoW, the monitor selection option in WoW works fine! (above the multisampling option, to the right of the resolution option)

Unfortunately that option does not work when you are trying to set a WoW resolution that is higher than the physical screen dimensions (5248x1050 as a window in a 1600x1200 display). WoW automatically resets the window resolution to something safe, and that fits, so you can't "apply" the settings change without breaking the config.wtf setting.

Even manually hacking the correct settings into the ISBoxer virtualized files fails to work as WoW insists on not allowing a resolution larger than the display and changes it for you.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:06 pm

I wasn't talking about setting the resolution in the WoW window, we were talking about selecting the Monitor, which has a drop-down box to the right of the resolution setting in WoW. Your observations about the resolution are correct, of course.
<<

Buchi

Post Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:25 pm

it is to bad that they are all 10 step ahead as always. and aware of it before your implamneting of it. ige is fulyl aware of it and has been. when it comes to the collaberation of companies etc.. o well keep trying though, here to luck!
<<

chuvakuhn

Post Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:16 pm

Lax, you didn't answer my earlier post in the General Discussion and now you just skipped over the LOTRO DX11 issue I have posted in this thread. Did you missed them or you just don't have a solution?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:55 am

chuvakuhn wrote:Lax, you didn't answer my earlier post in the General Discussion and now you just skipped over the LOTRO DX11 issue I have posted in this thread. Did you missed them or you just don't have a solution?

DX11 support is in development, I'm sorry it apparently doesn't currently work for you -- I don't have an answer for you as to why it would not work for you with that particular card. If you're on the development build of IS (which you said you are on 5338, so yes) then I don't know what you would be "missing". IS dev build, game in DX11 mode, that's all there is to it, it's supposed to work. I don't have anything useful to tell you on this thread other than that I will try to look into it...
Previous

Return to Announcements