FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer EVE Domination Video Contest winners!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu May 02, 2013 3:27 pm

ISBoxer EVE Domination Video Contest winners!

First of all thank you all of to the people who submitted entries to the video contest. I am happy that we got some good, informative entries that both help demystify ISBoxer for EVE players, and also help demystify EVE... for EVE players.

As you know from the original announcement, there were no exact judging criterion and the entrants were instructed that "It's up to you what you want to do with it, but try to make it fun and informative." Once the deadline passed I started looking at each entry in detail and taking notes. Selecting the ultimate winner was not easy, but after carefully reviewing my notes on each and watching them several times, I've finally settled on what seems to be the right answer for this contest.

Off we go then.

Grand Prize Winner:
Shadowandlight for Isboxer and Eve Online - Ratting using 14 Navy Omens
I found this video to be a great demonstration of basic ISBoxer gameplay for EVE Online. I think it does a good job of showing how simple the broadcasting mechanics really are, how they apply in EVE Online, and how accessible ISBoxer is to the average player. I think this is awesome for newbies to both ISBoxer and EVE Online.

Second Place Winner:
SeraphinFoad for ISBoxer Spotlight for EVE Online: With added tricks and tips
This video is well made, insightful, highly informative and detailed, and even funny at times. I was especially interested to see all of the different ways that he uses Video FX to improve his ability to manage information, and the different activities in the game that he has found ISBoxer to be helpful for. SeraphinFoad definitely put some effort into it, and seems to know what he is doing!

We will be in contact with the winners shortly to handle prizes. Thanks for participating!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu May 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Re: ISBoxer EVE Domination Video Contest winners!

Very nice. They were definitely both good videos and I'm sure it wasn't easy to judge them. I personally like watching EVE videos (as long as someone is explaining to me what is going on since EVE is a bit confusing if you don't play it), so hopefully these guys won't stop making them. ;)
<<

Shadowandlight

Post Thu May 02, 2013 5:19 pm

Thank you!

ISBoxer has made running multiple accounts in EVE not only possible, but extremely fun. Its a great experience to be able to tackle extremely hard PVE (and sometimes PVP) content "solo"

EVE like many MMO's is a game where many of the best content (IE best paying) requires having to wait for a ton of other players to get their act together. With ISBoxer I can do much of the PVE content either by myself or with whoever is availible right then and there, instead of having to station spin waiting for something to happen.

As I learn more and more about the features of ISBoxer and start to use them its making my reaction time improve greatly. Even using ISBoxer for years there are some really powerful features I am just getting a grasp on (videofx / cursor sync etc) that might really shake up how I use ISBoxer currently.

Also.. from the IRC channel

[18:00] <shadowandlight> id like to thank Lax, God, Valerian for answering my dumb questions and MiRai for making way better tutorials for me to learn from
<<

SeraphinFoad

Post Thu May 02, 2013 8:11 pm

Thanks, pretty happy with myself, more so because i said "Potato Dummy Domi" in 1 take... :Smith: Try saying that with my accent without swearing like a mother over-enthusiast.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu May 02, 2013 8:16 pm

Congratulations to both winners. Watching each of your videos gave me the itch to fire up my 3 Eve accounts and do some 'boxing. Well done!
<<

Voss

Post Sun May 12, 2013 5:03 am

Congrats to you guys, thank you for the effort that you put in this videos and share some ideas/setups with us. It's a little bit a shame that we got only about 3-4 videos for this contest :(

Return to Announcements