FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Game-specific chat rooms now available!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:44 am

Game-specific chat rooms now available!

For a few years now, ISBoxer has had the ISBoxer Chat Room. One chat room where we can all chat about the finer points of using ISBoxer, and mostly for people to get help configuring ISBoxer. It serves its purpose well and there's usually anywhere from 35-50 people in the channel. I help people in there every day, and so do some of the awesome people who use ISBoxer.

The one thing that the ISBoxer Chat Room has been missing is discussion on the actual games. People typically come to the chat room for support, and so the people who want to hang out and chat often feel like they would be interrupting actual support for something "not as important".

So I would like to invite you all to our new Game-specific chat rooms. Where you can just talk about the games, and multiboxing them. No ISBoxer experience necessary to come and chat about the games, you don't even have to use ISBoxer or really even know what it is. But these rooms are sponsored by ISBoxer and will usually have people who know a lot about the game, ISBoxer, or both. We welcome anyone who would like to have a chat with other people who multibox their favorite game.

Forum and Chat Room Rules
We have some very simple rules, and you should not have a problem being able to follow them:

1. Absolutely no discussion of any "private" servers, for any game. Legal precedent shows that emulating a game server is unlawful (e.g. circumvention of copyright protection) and therefore it is NOT a topic to be discussed in any area of our web site. This also helps us maintain our positive relationship with game publishers.
2. Absolutely no warez, cracks, hacks, cheats, etc.
3. No advertising.

There are no exceptions to these rules.

So here are the chat rooms I've set up so far:
* EverQuest 1 - Join in browser - Internet Relay Chat info: irc.lavishsoft.com #isboxer-eq1
* EverQuest 2 - Join in browser - Internet Relay Chat info: irc.lavishsoft.com #isboxer-eq2
* EVE Online - Join in browser - Internet Relay Chat info: irc.lavishsoft.com #isboxer-eve
* Lord of the Rings Online - Join in browser - Internet Relay Chat info: irc.lavishsoft.com #isboxer-lotro

If you're already in the main ISBoxer Chat Room, and want to join one of these rooms, simply type /join and then the channel name, such as: /join #isboxer-lotro

Interested in becoming an IRC operator/moderator for one of the chat rooms?
These channels are brand new, and they may need you! If you know a lot about one of the games, OR if you know a lot about ISBoxer, OR maybe you have a lot of IRC experience, you might make a great mod in one of these channels. I am offering free subscription time to good moderators (after, say, 30 days), and there's not much of a requirement to get started -- just come to the chat rooms and talk to me.
<<

MissTerious

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Re: Game-specific chat rooms now available!

Socializing with gamers! I'm all over that.
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:05 am

Can we please get a Neverwinter Chat Room plz?

Thanks!
- Sylver
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am

I've actually closed half of the chat rooms because people were confused into going to them for general support, just because they played one of those particular games... and when we're talking about a room with a small handful of people in it vs a room with 50 it's much more difficult for them to find available help.

You're more than welcome to come on the chat server and open a Neverwinter chat room and invite people to join it ;) Nothing special required just /join #isboxer-nw or #neverwinter or something (as described in the OP) and stick around
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:26 pm

lax wrote:I've actually closed half of the chat rooms because people were confused into going to them for general support, just because they played one of those particular games... and when we're talking about a room with a small handful of people in it vs a room with 50 it's much more difficult for them to find available help.

You're more than welcome to come on the chat server and open a Neverwinter chat room and invite people to join it ;) Nothing special required just /join #isboxer-nw or #neverwinter or something (as described in the OP) and stick around

Ok, will do. It's just that so many ppl asking for Neverwinter help and it's easier in chat than in the forums... thanks for the assist! ;)
- Sylver

Return to Announcements