FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DirectX11 support now available

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:19 am

DirectX11 support now available

Inner Space 1.11 build 5332 adds initial DirectX11 support. Specifically, this will enable proper function of Inner Space and ISBoxer when the game being played is set to use DirectX11 -- previously, only DirectX8 and DirectX9 were supported; DirectX10 is not supported. DirectX11 ships with Windows 7 and can be installed on Windows Vista if you have Vista Service Pack 2 installed.

Switching to DirectX11 should improve performance over DirectX9 with the same settings, more so if your video card provides hardware support for DirectX10 or 11.

As of this edit, Inner Space 1.11 build 5372 is currently the LIVE build of Inner Space. There are no further requirements

To use DirectX11 in Lord of the Rings Online: select DirectX11 from the drop-down box in the in-game video options panel. You may need to do this in each ISBoxer window, and you will need to restart the game after changing this setting.

To use DirectX11 in World of Warcraft: there is a setting in Config.WTF but this setting would need to be applied to all of your virtual Config.WTF files. Until ISBoxer has this option built in for you, it is recommended that you use the command-line switch instead to select between DirectX11 and DirectX9. That is, you can add a -d3d11 or -d3d9 parameter to wow.exe through your Inner Space Game Configuration, as follows:
1. Right click the Inner Space icon in the system tray (notification area)
2. Select Configuration
3. Click the Game Configuration tab
4. Select World of Warcraft from the first drop-down box
5. Select World of Warcraft Default Profile (or your custom profile, whatever ISBoxer is configured to use per Character) from the second drop-down box
6. Make sure "Main executable filename" is wow.exe, NOT the WoW launcher. In the "Main executable parameters" box, put "-d3d11" with no quotes. To switch back later if needed, replace it with "-d3d9" with no quotes.
7. Click Apply to save your changes
8. Click Close Profile to back out of the Game Profile editing panel if you want, or just hide the Inner Space window; you're done.

Please report any further issues you experience with DirectX11 mode, particularly if the issue did not exist with DirectX9. Also, please report the disappearance of any issues from DirectX9 to DirectX11, such as the fake mouse cursor suddenly working (LOTRO + Windows 7 users, this means you!)
<<

naPS

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:06 am

Re: DirectX11 support now in public testing!

Gave it a go for about 4 hours tonight with multiple sets of toons doing just about everything I do - pvp, dungeons, everything. Worked like a charm, and I noticed a pretty decent FPS gain using DX11.

Thanks Lax!
<<

Slats

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:53 pm

I noticed when I started up and hit my toggle keymaps key that sometimes the text display messages dont always fade away.

Seem to correct itself after several PIP swaps. Noticed a great FPS increase too on my 5870 1GB.

Thanks for putting this in :D
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:35 pm

Slats wrote:I noticed when I started up and hit my toggle keymaps key that sometimes the text display messages dont always fade away.

Seem to correct itself after several PIP swaps. Noticed a great FPS increase too on my 5870 1GB.

Thanks for putting this in :D

If they don't fade it's because the mouse cursor is over the popup text -- flip on repeater to move the cursor on the other windows off of it ;)
<<

koiuser

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:00 am

I just tried with EQ2, and it works too. However, I can't make sure what version DirectX does the EQ2 run.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:08 am

koiuser wrote:I just tried with EQ2, and it works too. However, I can't make sure what version DirectX does the EQ2 run.

As far as I know, EQ2 is DirectX9 only, as are most other games that ISBoxer is used for. But it is good news that it doesn't break EQ2 for you :P
<<

koiuser

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:34 am

lax wrote:
koiuser wrote:I just tried with EQ2, and it works too. However, I can't make sure what version DirectX does the EQ2 run.

As far as I know, EQ2 is DirectX9 only, as are most other games that ISBoxer is used for. But it is good news that it doesn't break EQ2 for you :P

thanks, I got it.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:06 pm

I'm running a GTX 275 (a DX10.1 card) for Warcraft.
Think there would be any gain from DX11 mode?
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Yes, I believe WoW will try to run at the DX10 feature level for hardware support, and that should be an improvement.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Thanks, will give it a shot soon.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
Next

Return to Announcements