FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New device authorization?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

moosejaw

Post Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:21 pm

New device authorization?

Innerspace just pushed an update and now I am being prompted for an authenticator from my Lavish Software account. I can't find anywhere in my account profile to setup an authenticator. I can do the email code but am I going to have to do this every time I start up IS now?

Please advise.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:53 pm

Re: New device authorization?

No, you select the 180 day option and you only need to do it every 180 days.

We do have this FAQ entry for the email option http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#How_long_do ... n_email.3F

For using an authenticator, like Google Authenticator, on your phone, you can use https://www.lavishsoft.com/account/authenticator to get the QR code.

/e updated the FAQ to reference the authenticator option :).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:47 am

I can do the email code but am I going to have to do this every time I start up IS now?

No.

No, you select the 180 day option and you only need to do it every 180 days.

Device Authorization actually does not use the same expiration as the login, so even if you set it to 1 day, the only prompt you're getting the following day is the login prompt. You would not need to re-authorize your device just because you're logging in again later.

p.s. here's where this was described in the announcement 2 months ago http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9405 :)
<<

moosejaw

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:52 am

Thanks guys. I have it set up now with all my other Google authenticators. Why isn't there a link to the authenticator setup from the account management page(s)? I only posted because I couldn't find a link there or anything in the forums .... and then I see it is the 3rd post in the announcements and realize I really can't comprehend what the hell I am reading anymore. :lol:

I rarely visit the forums so you have to forgive me. I have been using IS since '05 and started with the early version of isboxer (before there was a gui) in '08 and I really appreciate the product.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:57 am

I have more to implement for Authenticators before I planned to share the link for that option actually -- which will be found directly from the My Account page -- but you are more than welcome to use it now. ;)

Return to General discussion