FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Add Many new Mapped Keys bug

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ttherkelsen

Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Add Many new Mapped Keys bug

Hi,

I've discovered a bug in the "Add Many new Mapped Keys" feature. If you add a bunch of keys in the popup window but delete some of them before clicking "Ok" these keys are, as you'd expect not added to the Mapped Keys list. However, these deleted keys are somehow remembered in subsequent "add many" popups and are added to the Mapped Keys list even if not visible in the list.

Also it would be nice if the "add many" popup didn't try to be clever and sort the list for me; or, alternatively, gave me an option to reorder the keys before submission.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: Add Many new Mapped Keys bug

I've discovered a bug in the "Add Many new Mapped Keys" feature. If you add a bunch of keys in the popup window but delete some of them before clicking "Ok" these keys are, as you'd expect not added to the Mapped Keys list. However, these deleted keys are somehow remembered in subsequent "add many" popups and are added to the Mapped Keys list even if not visible in the list.

That's pretty impressive if that happens, since the many new mapped keys window is generated new each time and the keys are generated directly from the list box. If it doesn't appear in the list, there's no way that clicking OK is going to add it...

Also it would be nice if the "add many" popup didn't try to be clever and sort the list for me; or, alternatively, gave me an option to reorder the keys before submission.

That I can take care of ;)
<<

ttherkelsen

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:19 pm

Yea, I see what you mean about the "bug"... hrm... well I can't reproduce it now, but I reproduced it consistently last night... maybe I was stoned or something lol.

Thanks for the sorting thing tho :)
<<

Berserker

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:36 am

I've got one for ya :)

If you delete a bunch of keys (or simply change them -- rename them, change their innards, etc.) and then click add many keys, all your changes / deletions are reverted. To avoid this, you have to make whatever changes you want to make, then save the profile, then do the add many keys thing.

Or, this can be viewed as handy feature when you mistakenly delete a bunch of mapped keys only to realize you are in the wrong key map haha
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:32 am

Well, you don't need to go through all THAT trouble.. Selecting something else in the top pane to save your changes to the Key Map would be sufficient :P

Thanks for the information though, this bug should be fixed as of now in a ninja update to ISBoxer. That's probably the same thing that happened to the OP. :)

Return to General discussion