FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Security of my Game Account with ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Duukeo

Post Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:31 am

Security of my Game Account with ISBoxer

I should have asked this before I started using ISBoxer but I'm curious about what information ISBoxer, Inner Space, and Lavish Soft have access to and store when it comes to my game account information. I'm wondering things like

1. When I export my settings to Inner Space where is that being exported to? Your servers or locally on my machine?
2. When I load my game (WoW) screens though ISBoxer/Inner Space and type in my password, is my password only being sent to Blizzard as would be the case without your software or does it get stored on your servers or locally on my machine?
3. There are a lot of powerful key map options. Are my mapped keys sent to you or stored only on my machine?
4. More importantly, are my keystrokes recorded by your software in any way at all?

Sorry for being paranoid I just want to be certain of what information is being sent where and whether or not it's being recorded.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:27 am

Re: Security of my Game Account with ISBoxer

ISBoxer has been around for 10 years, if I was keylogging and stealing your accounts nobody would be using this. But I'll entertain your questions.

1. When I export my settings to Inner Space where is that being exported to? Your servers or locally on my machine?

Export to Inner Space pretty much just generates XML files in your Inner Space\Scripts folder.

ISBoxer 2 introduces server-side profile storage, but this is not even an option in ISBoxer 1. ISBoxer 2 also includes optional password management, which are not kept in the server-side profile -- only stored locally and passwords are always encrypted.

2. When I load my game (WoW) screens though ISBoxer/Inner Space and type in my password, is my password only being sent to Blizzard as would be the case without your software or does it get stored on your servers or locally on my machine?

Inner Space has no idea you're even entering your password and does not interfere with your typing (other than the obvious bit of having hotkeys and such), or record your typing. Your password still only goes to Blizzard.

3. There are a lot of powerful key map options. Are my mapped keys sent to you or stored only on my machine?

... mapped keys are part of your profile and stored where you keep your profile. ISBoxer 1 has no server-side storage and has no options to send things to me. This is why when people need help with their profile, we have a global announcement post about how to share your configuration for better support. It's at the top of every forum section and is apparently the 13th post made on isboxer.com forums -- http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13 -- note the information about censoring account names.

We have always been careful about your information.

4. More importantly, are my keystrokes recorded by your software in any way at all?

No.
<<

Duukeo

Post Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:29 am

Re: Security of my Game Account with ISBoxer

Thank-you :) Much appreciated.

Return to General discussion