FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need Help: Path of Exile Menu Loading Issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Rolo

Post Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:53 am

Need Help: Path of Exile Menu Loading Issue

Hello! I am experiencing an issue with ISBoxer and PoE.

I have used ISBoxer with PoE without issues in the past. However, now when I attempt to make a team using the wizard and launch it, the game indeed launches, but the in-game login and character select menus are invisible to me. The functionality of the menus is there, and I know this because if I simply press enter, it auto logs me into the game character selection screen using the saved password (but does not show the actual character picture, or the log in buttons, only the background), and if I press enter again which normally would log in with the last-played character, it actually does log me in and I can move around in game. Some things in the game are not displayed at all, to include character stat windows etc. All of this leads me to believe there is an issue between ISBoxer, and whatever PoE uses to display those menus (or at least on my PC).

I have pasted my config file to a pastebin here: http://pastebin.com/mtLXSj2v

I also uploaded a couple of screenshots of what I'm experiencing so you can see for yourself. This first one is of the invisible login menu when opened with ISBoxer:

And this is what the character select should look like (taken when I opened the game outside ISBoxer). The char select screen in ISBoxer shows the same background as this, just without the menu on the right.

If someone could point me in the direction of a possible solution or at least some further troubleshooting steps, I'd appreciate it.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:06 am

Re: Need Help: Path of Exile Menu Loading Issue

I assume this happens on all characters?. I say this because two of your characters have the Known Game dropdown (the one with the long description about fixes ISBoxer implements), set to Other and Neverwinter.

Other than that, a Diagnostic for crashes (yes, even though it is not crashing), is going to be more useful.

Also, if you have recently update graphics drivers (and especially if you have an ATI/AMD card and have updated to the Crimson release), I would be inclined to test roll those back to an earlier version (Catalyst for ATI/AMD).
<<

Rolo

Post Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:15 am

Yes, it is happening with all game related menus. There is no crash associated with this error, but I have included the game crash log as requested. It appears to me for all purposes that both the game and ISBoxer think everything is fine. ISBoxer will open as many char windows as requested, and the game also launches without a hiccup. It simply just doesn't show the in-game menus.

Crash Diagnostic:

http://pastebin.com/seyvHdKe

Also, this anomaly was happening with older drivers, then I updated them this morning, and I'm getting the same result.
<<

Rolo

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:04 am

Ok, I have an update on this issue. Just to eliminate anything that could be causing a problem settings-wise, I went ahead and made a single-character team without the wizard. I left it bone stock for the most part aside from the required bits to make it work, and the in-game menus load normally as they should. At this point, I do not know what settings the wizard is using that is causing the issue, but I did make a team for Diablo 3 using it, and it worked fine, so it's obviously something to do with the settings in the wizard and how they relate to Path of Exile. If I figure anything out, I will update here. If anyone has any ideas on what I could do to change the settings within the wizard to make it work, I'd love to hear them. Using the wizard is usually much less complicated than constructing a team from scratch when it works.

Return to General discussion