FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Is there a memory leak ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gjackson52

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Is there a memory leak ?

I have been having problems with locking up today playing 2 toons in WoW. What is happening is after a short time playing, maybe 10 mins or so, the 2 monitor screens go black. I would wait a bit, nothing seemed to be happening so I would press reset and reboot. This last time I locked up, I waited long enough that I got an error that said I was out of memory. I think the error was from WoW rather than ISBoxer. So I restarted and watched WoW in task manager and watched the ram usage slowly go up. When I got to 90%, I closed out and came here. Just wanted to post this in case there is a problem.

Regards....Gary
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Is there a memory leak ?

There is no known memory leak issue with ISBoxer/Inner Space. Perhap another addon, or even another process which is hooking into WoW.

A diagnostic of WoW running under Inner Space may provide some clues.
<<

gjackson52

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:27 pm

OK, good to know...thanks Bob ! I will try to get some more info.

Gary
<<

gjackson52

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:19 pm

I just wanted to add an update...

I am still running out of memory in WoW. I can safely say that it is not an ISBoxer/Innerspace issue, also it isn't an addon issue. I used to be able to run 5 instances of WoW on my PC in the past, I can't run 3 right now, with all addons disabled, without running out of memory. So I am not sure if it is a ram problem on my PC or something else. My PC is aging, it is over 5 years old and is running most of the time. But 6 GB of ram isn't enough for some reason.

Thank you for the help though.

Gary
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:55 pm

Yep, you would struggle to run 5 instances of WoW these days on 6GB, especially after the update to all the models (WoD I think). You should allow around 2GB per instance.

The options you have would be to enforce 32bit WoW (which will at least limit the virtual address space to 2GB, and also help save a little memory), probably stick with DX9 in the game settings, and there is an option in the Advanced Graphics settings for Show new Character Models, which you will probably need to unselect.

You still may have memory issues because it wont necessarily limit the game to old textures, and it will still use the updated graphics engine, amongst other "recent" updates (like in the past couple of years).
<<

gjackson52

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:57 pm

Thanks for the tips. I am upping the ram to 12 GB and will see if that helps. If not, I will have to try the solutions you mentioned. Anyway, it's all good.

Gary

Return to General discussion