FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Request for "Leave a hole" configurations

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dannuic

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:30 am

Request for "Leave a hole" configurations

I have two monitors and prefer the "leave a hole" configuration because I intuitively know which character I have on my main screen by looking at where the hole is on my secondary screen. Would it be possible to add a way to "minimize" all views so that there is nothing on the main monitor and all the game instances are in the smaller configuration on the other screen? Is this already possible and I missed something?

Thanks -- Let me know if I can clarify.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:45 am

Re: Request for "Leave a hole" configurations

Not without some trickery.

The best way I can think of is to use the layout you want, with a 6 characters. That 6th guy being a DxNnothing. You then adjust the region settings for the DxNothing guy, to make him a small square (like 40x40), set Disable Swapping to True for that Region, and you've made yourself a "minimize to small views" button. Put that somewhere you can get to it easily.

Of course, next you'll be wanting to be able to set the colour of the DxNothing. :D. Still waiting for that one. You might consider making a menu/clickbar to make it more noticeable. It wont have to actually do anything.

edit: actually there might be other methods setting up various actions, but I'm all for the simple hacks!.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:51 am

Here is a Mapped Key that uses a Window State Action to move the current window to its Home Region.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Box xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <ObjectType>ISBoxer_Toolkit.Configs.KeyMaps.MappedKey</ObjectType>
  <SerializedObject>&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?&gt;
&lt;MappedKey xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&gt;
  &lt;Name&gt;Move current window Home&lt;/Name&gt;
  &lt;Description /&gt;
  &lt;SendNextClickBlockLocal&gt;false&lt;/SendNextClickBlockLocal&gt;
  &lt;ManualLoad&gt;false&lt;/ManualLoad&gt;
  &lt;ResetTimer&gt;0&lt;/ResetTimer&gt;
  &lt;ResetType&gt;Never&lt;/ResetType&gt;
  &lt;Mode&gt;Default&lt;/Mode&gt;
  &lt;Steps&gt;
    &lt;Step&gt;
      &lt;Stick&gt;0&lt;/Stick&gt;
      &lt;Stop&gt;false&lt;/Stop&gt;
      &lt;Stump&gt;false&lt;/Stump&gt;
      &lt;Disabled&gt;false&lt;/Disabled&gt;
      &lt;Actions&gt;
        &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="WindowStateAction"&gt;
          &lt;Target&gt;self&lt;/Target&gt;
          &lt;RegionType&gt;Background&lt;/RegionType&gt;
          &lt;Action&gt;Fast&lt;/Action&gt;
          &lt;DeactivateOthers&gt;false&lt;/DeactivateOthers&gt;
        &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
      &lt;/Actions&gt;
    &lt;/Step&gt;
  &lt;/Steps&gt;
&lt;/MappedKey&gt;</SerializedObject>
</Box>

Select all of the XML in the Code box, then right click and select Copy. Then, in ISBoxer Toolkit select a Key Map in the top-left pane under Key Maps (Always On may be appropriate for this one, as long as you choose a Hotkey that doesn't interfere with anything). In the bottom left pane, right click "Mapped Keys" and if you have successfully Copied all of the XML in the Code box above (and are right clicking on "Mapped Keys" in the bottom left pane...) there will be an option to "Paste Mapped Key from Clipboard" -- select that. Now all you need to do is set a Hotkey for the new Mapped Key ("Move current window Home") and Export.

It's just as easy to create it if you've done it before. Right click Mapped Keys and select "New Mapped Key", name it and set a Hotkey, and in Step 1 add a Window State Action. Target=Window:Current, Where=Background, How=Instantly. Export

Now you should have a Hotkey that will temporarily do what you've requested. :)
<<

dannuic

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:06 pm

Thanks Lax! That's exactly what I was looking for. Brilliant!

Return to General discussion