FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem with ISBoxer loading game

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Yeias

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Re: Problem with ISBoxer loading game

Do "patches" for ISBoxer (or innerspace, not exactly sure how it works when I load up my team) automatically update? If so should I rollback to a previous date on my computer if there is a setting to not have updates take affect on my ISBoxer?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:48 pm

They can automatically install, but you don't have that enabled.
You have build 6089. The current build is 6103.

Anyway. Might be worth looking to see if you have a System Restore point for when it was working, and restore back to it. It's not a solution I like to propose, but it is always an option.

Might also check out the Programs & Features install list by date and see whether anything was installed between working/not working. If nothing is there, then it it probably one of those background updaters or some corruption somewhere.
<<

Yeias

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:59 pm

Possibility it could work if I update it? And if you think so, how do I? :)
<<

Yeias

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:02 pm

I see an update for Microsoft Windows (KB3035583)
And the only thing I have downloaded since then is Mozilla Firefox (For school the teacher asked us to use that browser)

Sorry for the multiple posts, here is a video of what I am doing (the little pause at the beginning was it asking me to run as administrator, probably already know that but just wanted to clarify)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IRhrjF5Iu0&feature=youtu.be
<<

bob

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:10 pm

Yeias wrote:Possibility it could work if I update it? And if you think so, how do I? :)
Not sure it will solve your problem, but you run InnerSpace, right click on the icon in the system tray, select Patcher, make sure the red dot is in the Always Patch at Startup, right click the icon again, select Exit, run InnerSpace again.

Yeias wrote:I see an update for Microsoft Windows (KB3035583)
This is the Get Windows 10 update. Personally I uninstalled this, then hid it from the update list (it comes back eventually). I did download Windows 10 to a USB stick if you try to get to certain Microsoft downloads it redirects you to the Win10 download instead), so I don't miss out (ahh, not that I would...)

Yeias wrote:And the only thing I have downloaded since then is Mozilla Firefox (For school the teacher asked us to use that browser)
Possible. Also as you just wrote "it's the only thing I have downloaded". What about other programs that automatically update themselves. You have any of those?

Of course the issue is that some problems install "common" files, that aren't removed when you uninstall. If it happens to be a PITA and drop these in certain Windows folders you can get DLL hell, although Windows is much better now than it used to be, it still happens on the odd occasion.
<<

Yeias

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:25 pm

bob wrote:
Yeias wrote:Possibility it could work if I update it? And if you think so, how do I? :)
Not sure it will solve your problem, but you run InnerSpace, right click on the icon in the system tray, select Patcher, make sure the red dot is in the Always Patch at Startup, right click the icon again, select Exit, run InnerSpace again.

Yeias wrote:I see an update for Microsoft Windows (KB3035583)
This is the Get Windows 10 update. Personally I uninstalled this, then hid it from the update list (it comes back eventually). I did download Windows 10 to a USB stick if you try to get to certain Microsoft downloads it redirects you to the Win10 download instead), so I don't miss out (ahh, not that I would...)

Yeias wrote:And the only thing I have downloaded since then is Mozilla Firefox (For school the teacher asked us to use that browser)
Possible. Also as you just wrote "it's the only thing I have downloaded". What about other programs that automatically update themselves. You have any of those?

Of course the issue is that some problems install "common" files, that aren't removed when you uninstall. If it happens to be a PITA and drop these in certain Windows folders you can get DLL hell, although Windows is much better now than it used to be, it still happens on the odd occasion.

New to this forum - kind of- so gonna address each thing individually you said since I am unsure how to do the quotes exactly like other forums I use.

1) I will do the update later on after my work
2) Do you think uninstalling this would be a wise choice towards the solution to the problem?
3) And if you mean automatically update (like the Windows Update I said earlier), then it there were none because that.. unless I am thinking of the wrong thing.
4)Not sure what the "common" files thing is referring to, sorry super bad at this stuff my friend.
<<

Yeias

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:38 pm

Okay when trying to load Innerspace is when the problem arises.
Can't even load Innerspace without the error coming up.

https://youtu.be/VrVioJFuZg4
<<

bob

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:51 pm

Yeias wrote:New to this forum - kind of- so gonna address each thing individually you said since I am unsure how to do the quotes exactly like other forums I use.
I use the quote button, and then copy/paste the necessary quote BBC code around. Although, if you want partials, you can hit reply, and then in the lower portion of the screen it shows the previous messages where you can highlight a section of a previous post and hit the quote button (I didn't know this either... just tried it and it worked!)

Yeias wrote:2) Do you think uninstalling this would be a wise choice towards the solution to the problem?
Assuming you mean the 2 things installed prior to your issue, yep, can only not work (although I'd try the option further down first).

Yeias wrote:3) And if you mean automatically update (like the Windows Update I said earlier), then it there were none because that.. unless I am thinking of the wrong thing.
Lots of programs install little updaters, like graphics drivers, Skype, Nortons. These are the ones I can easily see running on your machine, this doesn't mean you don't have any others that only run themselves at pc startup/login and then shut themselves down. Lots of people say "nothing changed" when reporting various computer issues, but something obviously has because otherwise there wouldn't be an issue. What they usually mean is that they didn't install any new software or change any settings (although this is only true about 30% of the time), but that doesn't account for automatic updaters that run in the background or without their knowledge. Anyway, this is more a rant than a fix. Lets get back to the main event.

Yeias wrote:Can't even load Innerspace without the error coming up.
You may want to consider reinstalling InnerSpace because it looks like it isn't patching correctly. You may want to make a backup of your ISBoxer profile first. File-Save As!! If it works, this would be a first (well not really, but it is rare that it is InnerSpace that is the issue), but hey, stranger things have happened. It would probably help if you "uninstalled" first, which consists of deleting all the files in the InnerSpace folder (personally I suggest backing it up somewhere first, like zip it up or something), but you could try an over the top install first too.
<<

Yeias

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:58 pm

Since I don't really care too much about each profile I am going to just uninstall and reinstall,innerspace. (just remaking the profiles seems easier for me.)

Will see what happens.

Lemme see if I can remember where to get the download off of lol

Sorry I am so stupid, but I honestly don't see Innerspace under programs to uninstall
Last edited by Yeias on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:01 pm

Yeias wrote:Lemme see if I can remember where to get the download off of lol

www.isboxer.com
PreviousNext

Return to General discussion