FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer Toolkit not running

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zypher82

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:23 pm

ISBoxer Toolkit not running

Ok, so I'll admit that I'm a complete noob when it comes to ISBoxer. I've boxed for a very long time but always just alt+tabbed. Anyways, I decided to try ISBoxer because i had heard it made boxing 100x easier. Downloaded it. Got it configured as per the quick wizard, and started trying it out. I'll go through other guides on how to actually use it as absolutely none of it is exactly intuitive. However i ran into a huge problem after closing the game. ISBoxer Toolkit no longer opens. At all. I can open the game via right clicking Innerspace just fine. But when i go to the install path and try to run ISBoxer Toolkit.exe (the menu where you do... everything), the only message i get is that it is already running and would i like to open another. In task manager it says its running. But no where can i find it. It's not in my task bar or hud anywhere. How exactly do you get back into ISBoxer after the first use? Sure i can load the game via Innerspace, but i cant set anything up.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Re: ISBoxer Toolkit not running

Umm.. you can always solve that particular issue by rebooting. If for some reason it's apparently running and you can't find it, just use End Task in task manager and re-launch it again -- we can't tell you without more diagnostic information from your PC why this happened to you; it is not normal and does not happen to the rest of us on a normal basis. You launch it again by launching it from the icon on your desktop, it doesn't sound like you're doing that wrong, it just sounds like for whatever reason it is stuck open and you need to kill it or reboot in order to use it again.

.. this goes for any other program on your PC as well ;)
<<

zypher82

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:34 pm

I'm actually a computer technician. I'm pretty keen on how to get applications running when they're not. I've ended task and reopened. Attempted to run a 2nd instance. Rebooted and ran. Ran as admin. None of the above work. The only way it will launch is if you check the launch isboxer tick box during the installation process. I can't really give any diagnostic data due to no errors being thrown, the window simply doesn't exist. I can, however, say that i'm running on windows 10.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:39 pm

Ye probably have this problem which one customer has said took about an hour to eventually pop up on his screen.

The workaround is to set compatibility mode on the ISBoxer Toolkit (or ISBoxer Suite if you are looking at the desktop icon), to Win8 or Win7. The better fix is to get an Antivirus solution which has been written correctly to work with Windows 10.

Return to General discussion