FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Windows 10 + ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bollwerk

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:17 pm

Windows 10 + ISBoxer

I only saw one mention of Windows 10, in the EVE forum from back in January.

I'm one of the many "free opt in" Windows 10 folks, so I'm wondering if ISBoxer has been tested already on it.
I presume so, but just wanted to double check before I update at the end of the month.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: Windows 10 + ISBoxer

Yes it has been tested and it works so far.

You do need to make sure you use the same bitness across the applications, so if you use 64bit WOW (for example) then you need to select the Use 64Bit Inner Space option in your profile (select the ISBoxer node at the top of the left hand pane). If you use 32bit WOW (again, for example), then you need to use 32bit Inner Space. If you are playing WOW, and it is self elevating from 32bit to 64bit, then you will need to sort it so your game profile is using WOW-64.exe , or you are using "WOW.exe -noautolaunch64bit".
If you need to change your profile, or just check what it is using. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_Profile

By default Inner Space is the 32bit version, and most games are using 32bit installations. Known games (by me that is), that are 64bit are WOW and Marvel Heroes.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: Windows 10 + ISBoxer

bob wrote:so if you use 64bit WOW (for example) then you need to select the Use 64Bit Inner Space option in your profile (select the ISBoxer node at the top of the left hand pane).

I believe this is checkbox only relevant if you launch through the right-click menu of the Character Set (or even possibly a desktop shortcut), otherwise they will likely need to launch the x64 executable directly from the Inner Space/x64 folder.

However, I'm not 100% sure on that, and it may work either way.

Return to General discussion