FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Feature Requests] Variables and Helper Mapping

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ekar

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 am

[Feature Requests] Variables and Helper Mapping

Love ISBoxer, but a couple things are always a bit tedious when switching teams.

1. I would love to be able to replace an entire keymap with a new set of wow helper macros. Instead of going into each one and switch the wow macro it points too.
2. Have a few variables that can be set in ISBoxer that can be used in macros. IE. target pets by name similar to SLOTX variables that are already configured.

Let me know if there are other ways to do these things :)

- Ekar
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:46 pm

Re: [Feature Requests] Variables and Helper Mapping

1. I would love to be able to replace an entire keymap with a new set of wow helper macros. Instead of going into each one and switch the wow macro it points too.

I'd need to see an example of what you're doing here, as I don't really understand what you're asking for. It sounds like you might be doing something like the "CLS" configuration where you have tons of WoW macros for every ability in each class; I would recommend going with the standard Pro Style instead in that case. I assume you want a sort of "find/replace" that changes out the WoW Macro Set field of all Named WoW Macro Actions; I might actually just suggest opening the XML file, find the Key Map you want to modify within it, and do a find/replace in that section.

This is just a pretty specific request that would only apply to a certain uncommon situation is all ;)

2. Have a few variables that can be set in ISBoxer that can be used in macros. IE. target pets by name similar to SLOTX variables that are already configured.

I don't know how to target someone else's pet with a command in WoW without knowing the name in advance (google doesn't show me a way either), but if there's a way I imagine the player's name (e.g. with {SLOT#}) is sufficient to do it.

If what you're asking for is a place to enter a custom value for a variable and put in the macro {PETNAME} or whatever, then this should be available in ISBoxer 2. (Extending variables in ISBoxer 1 requires pretty major changes, and ISBoxer 2 -- currently in Alpha -- is the pretty major changes. Same subscription, no separate purchase, coming hopefully soon.)
<<

ekar

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:13 am

Re: [Feature Requests] Variables and Helper Mapping

Thanks for the fast response! Yeah I could do a better job explaining :)

I am using the pro style config with dps,aoe,taunt,etc. keymaps, where each char has these defined as a Wow macro. I like to create lots of chars, so I end up copying the keymaps and macros and renaming them to tweak. Just wanted a quick way to remap the keymaps to the new macro set. I can go into the xml and do a find/replace of course. I'm just lazy I guess :)

For the variables example lets say i want to have a macro to heal my hunter's pet named turtle. I would like to put something like {PET1} in the macro and then elsewhere have the PET1 set to turtle just like {SLOT1} changes to that chars name when exported to WOW. that way a new pet name is just a single change to PET1 definition and a reload of the configuration. no matter how many macros I have that use it. Just another example of my laziness i guess, as xml find/replace should work for this as well.

- Ekar

Return to General discussion