FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Strange problems with accounts & keystroke emulator

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ramraider

Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:19 pm

Strange problems with accounts & keystroke emulator

Hi Lax,
I have been having some strange problems as of late with ISBoxer. I am not in any way dissing your application as I think it is awesome!

I can't pin down any specific set of use cases that cause these bugs to occur but here is a description of them:

1. The battle.net email address and account names are randomly entered correctly on some startups of InnerSpace and on others all windows are blank. I have correctly exported the account settings to InnerSpace.

2. Often when the email address & accounts are input correctly and I then try and broadcast my password it always give me an 'Incorrect password' error. I am definitely entering the password correctly.

Could you give me any pointers? If you need me to send you config files etc please let me know. :D
<<

Ramraider

Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: Strange problems with accounts & keystroke emulator

Another update to this....

Have just found that when this problem occurs if I manually re-write the account name in the account box and then re-enter the password in each window it will allow me to login.

Could ISBoxer be inputting an illegal character into the username field?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:00 pm

Battle.net account and WoW account names are automatically set in Config.WTF when you Export, if the following conditions are true:
1. The account names are configured in your Character
2. Config.WTF is virtualized for the Character, and correctly has its "Virtualize as" filename set (if the Character was created by the Quick Setup Wizard, this is done for you automatically)
3. The character has been logged in (with or without ISBoxer), in his selected WoW folder
4. Config.WTF (non-virtualized) exists in the WoW\WTF folder

If I had to guess, I'd say you either manually created a Character without the Quick Setup Wizard, or the Character hadn't been logged in once before. When you launch WoW and theyre not filled in, you can usually close out the game and Export again and it should offer to fix it.

As far as entering your password, make sure you turn off Key Maps. See the WoW Quick Start Guide, specifically this part: http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quick_Start_Guide#Logging_into_the_game -- but check out the rest of it as well. Note that if you have added Key Maps (not just Mapped Keys inside an existing Key Map), your new Key Maps are NOT automatically toggled by the default Key Map toggle. You would need to add your new Key Maps to the "Activate Maps" mapped key in the Control key map.

If it's not from Key Maps, then If you set up a white or black list in your Repeater profile, be aware that it is going to affect your ability to enter your password ;) I don't recommend using a white or black list, the recommended way is to add a bunch of Mapped Keys via "Many new Mapped Keys" as explained in the Quick Start Guide, specifically this part: http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quick_Start_Guide#Quickly_add_many_hotkeys.2C_optionally_with_auto-assist

and no, ISBoxer is not likely inputting anything into the username field.
<<

Ramraider

Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:39 pm

HI Lax,

I have done all of the steps within your last post previously. I have also tried trashing all profiles and started again using the Wizard to add all characters but to no avail.

I don't see how it can be the Key Maps as I do not touch the maps or repeater settings when I remove and then re-add the username & password yet once this has been re-typed it logs me in just fine.

One other thing that I have notice with the 'Many New Mapped Keys' - When I use my Nostromo N52 with an N52 profile built using the Logitech editor the keys that ISBoxer recognises are not the keys that are specified within the macros I have created within the Logitech macro editor.

It seems to get confused with specific combinations of the ALT, CTRL, SHIFT & certain Numpad keys?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:23 am

I have done all of the steps within your last post previously. I have also tried trashing all profiles and started again using the Wizard to add all characters but to no avail.

Then I don't have enough information to uncover the problem. If you were to show me your config I would verify that the battle.net and WoW account names are set up per Character, and that Config.WTF is virtualized. If you created them with the Quick Setup Wizard and didn't change them after, then it's automatically done. The only other thing I would be looking for is whether or not you have multiple WoW folders.

I did forget one other condition. Your IS profile has to be pointing at wow.exe (not, say, the wow launcher, or some renamed wow.exe). I don't know why it wouldn't be, but just throwing that out there.

Some things I can't really verify, like that the character was logged in, or that WTF\Config.WTF already exists in all of your WoW folders. I also can't really verify that when you close out WoW after launching your guys the first time, and Export, that it doesn't fill in your account names. But at that point, the virtualized Config.WTF should already exist -- so you should be able to go into your WoW\WTF folder, and see a Config.WTF for every single character. If that exists and ISBoxer isn't offering to fill in the account names when you Export, the account names either aren't set up for your Character or you're clicking No when it offers to fix it.

That's really all there is to it. If you still need help, it would help to check these things and tell me what you see -- telling me you "did the steps" doesn't really help and usually when people tell me things like that, they skipped half of them ;)

I don't see how it can be the Key Maps as I do not touch the maps or repeater settings when I remove and then re-add the username & password yet once this has been re-typed it logs me in just fine.

Are you saying you're definitely not turning off Key Maps when you try to log in, and you believe there's no reason to turn them off? You're welcome to log in however it works for you, I guess. There are times when you can type in your password 100% correctly and the game will tell you it's wrong, even without ISBoxer. If you're leaving Key Maps on and you have numbers in your password, or other ISBoxer hotkeys, it's going to alter the entry of your password. When you're typing in your password with broadcasting on, it is a good idea to be a little more deliberate with your password entry than you normally would be

It seems to get confused with specific combinations of the ALT, CTRL, SHIFT & certain Numpad keys?

Shift is not very compatible with the number pad. Shift+Num 1 for example is End. Just avoid using Shift with the numpad keys ;)
<<

Ramraider

Post Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:09 am

Thanks for the replies Lax - I will try and resolve the problems when I get back home and let you know how I get on!

Didn't realise the keystrokes emulated that of other keys with Shift-Numpad combinations, will remove those! :D

Return to General discussion