FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Request: Account name (optional)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

TonyO

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:00 am

Request: Account name (optional)

Please could you implement the "Account name (optional)" field?

You can see the field I'm talking about if you select a character in ISBoxer, look in the lower right side among the properties on the General tab. There is a field called "Account name (optional)." If you hover your mouse over it and the text says, "This information will be used in future ISBoxer builds to fill in the stored account name for you, for certain games. This is not yet implemented...." then you have the right one. :)

Here's why I think it's a good time to implement this as a macro variable. We often see players posting issues with follow and/or invite not working. Usually they get stuck on one or the other. With Neverwinter, for example, that is because the two commands take different forms of a character name.

The Neverwinter "/invite" command works with long names ( /invite healer@womenshospital ) but doesn't work with short names ( /invite healer ).
The Neverwinter "/target" command works with short names ( /target burlytank ), but doesn't work with a full name (/target burlytank@westpoint ).

Thus if you follow the popular guides you will probably end up with one or the other command broken.

Now, if you export the contents of the Account Name field to Cryptic Macros as a new character set variable named, say {ACCOUNTx), where x is a slot number, then an invite command in a Cryptic macro might look like:
"/invite {SLOT2}@{ACCOUNT2}" which I imagine interprets to "/invite healer@womenshospital" in the key bind file. In this example: Slot 2 Character is "healer@womenshospital" Actual Name is "Healer" and Account name is "womenshospital"
The follow macro command to follow the same character would be:
"/follow {SLOT2}" which would resolve to a working follow command, using the short name.

This new variable would benefit Neverwinter/Neverboxer, certainly, but it may be helpful for other Cryptic games, too. Thus I posted my request here rather than under Neverwinter.

Thank you for reading my request!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:35 am

Re: Request: Account name (optional)

This is not yet implemented....

It lied, it is implemented for various games. I'll update the text.

Your idea should be fine, I will look into adding it to the ongoing beta
<<

TonyO

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:48 am

Thank you kindly. Awesome.

I would like to help test in Cryptic, so I'll update my ISboxer with beta, if I can get to it, will ask if i can't.
<<

TonyO

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:44 pm

I read somewhere that a mad truck driver was ten-boxing, so i tested the current beta feature {ACCOUNTx} with a 12Man set, just to be safe (in case i'm driving on the road near said truck driver). This code works as a party invite in Cryptic Macro for Neverwinter:
Code:
!if ("slot 1" and character is not "slot 1") invite {SLOT1}@{ACCOUNT1}
!if ("slot 2" and character is not "slot 2") invite {SLOT2}@{ACCOUNT2}
!if ("slot 3" and character is not "slot 3") invite {SLOT3}@{ACCOUNT3}
!if ("slot 4" and character is not "slot 4") invite {SLOT4}@{ACCOUNT4}
!if ("slot 5" and character is not "slot 5") invite {SLOT5}@{ACCOUNT5}
!if ("slot 6" and character is not "slot 6") invite {SLOT6}@{ACCOUNT6}
!if ("slot 7" and character is not "slot 7") invite {SLOT7}@{ACCOUNT7}
!if ("slot 8" and character is not "slot 8") invite {SLOT8}@{ACCOUNT8}
!if ("slot 9" and character is not "slot 9") invite {SLOT9}@{ACCOUNT9}
!if ("slot 10" and character is not "slot 10") invite {SLOT10}@{ACCOUNT10}
!if ("slot 11" and character is not "slot 11") invite {SLOT11}@{ACCOUNT11}
!if ("slot 12" and character is not "slot 12") invite {SLOT12}@{ACCOUNT12}

This is a modified version of a smart script originally by Lax, commonly included with Neverwinter configs. I am not sure if Neverwinter will accept the entire line in one go if you actually have a 12-man set (inviting 11), but the macro will give it a good try in the right syntax.

Lax, thanks again. You rock.

P.S. The max party size is 5 in Neverwinter :)

Return to General discussion